Christian vs. Xian

Medicine*Woman

Jesus: Mythstory--Not History!
Valued Senior Member
Xian

An abbreviation for Christian. This comes from the Greek name for Christ, Xristos, and is the same notation as in Xmas. Another variation on this is Xtian. It should be noted that this is not inherently any more insulting or denigrating than the word Christian itself.

Originally posted by chalcedony
Be intellectually honest with us and tell us whether or not YOU mean it as an insult to Christians.

Since I didn't create the abbreviation, my intent doesn't really matter. However, being intellectually honest, Xianity ITSELF insults its own followers, the believers of other religions, and the whole of humanity. I am one small voice in this sea of lies.

Originally posted by Medicine*Woman
However, being intellectually honest, Xianity ITSELF insults its own followers, the believers of other religions, and the whole of humanity.

If you really wanted to be intellectually honest you would explain how Christianity insults the entire world and why other religions don't or do so less than Christianity.

Originally posted by Galt
If you really wanted to be intellectually honest you would explain how Christianity insults the entire world and why other religions don't or do so less than Christianity.

I don't follow any man-made religion. As a former devout Catholic Xian, I forced myself to believe what they taught. This was blind submission, of course, and I eventually realized it--right inside St. Peter's Basilica in Rome. Xianity is a man-made religion that's been remade, altered, and bastardized over the ages. All Protestant religions came out of the RCC. My recent posts uncovered the ancient use of semen rituals by the church. If this doesn't insult all the Xian religions, I can't imagine what would.

Xianity was started by Saul of Tarsus, not Jesus. Technically, believing Jesus created the Xian church is blasphemy. I believe that Xianity should have never come about. There's just too much credible information available to prove Jesus didn't die on the cross, but Xians don't want to hear this much less believe it. Saul of Tarsus is the antichrist.

The whole issue with the BVM is false! I don't like lies, and it breaks my heart so see people still believing in these lies.

All the lies the RCC has covered up through the ages is truly an insult to all of Xianity and to Islam and Judaism alike. Even Judaism was born out of Egypt where the original Hebrews were from. The Patriarch Abraham was Egyptian himself, and the religion he professed was early Islam. Yet, we have Judaism and Xianity that came out of Abraham's belief in Allah. There is only one true God, Allah, so every other god is false, including your Jesus who may have actually been a pharaoh down in Egypt during his absent years.

For every doctrine taught in Xianity, there is a lie that it sprang from. Xianity is on its way out as a man-made Xian religion. Perhaps then we can focus on the One Spirit of God since the human race is the face of God on earth.

Xianity is a man-made religion that's been remade, altered, and bastardized over the ages.

Every religion is man-made. I can already see your post is heading toward Hypocrisyville.

All Protestant religions came out of the RCC. My recent posts uncovered the ancient use of semen rituals by the church. If this doesn't insult all the Xian religions, I can't imagine what would.

Protestant religions were created out of protest to Roman Catholic doctrine (hence the label Prostestant). They wouldn't be Protestants if they didn't already disagree with Roman Catholocism. These semen rituals - assuming they are true - would just be one more thing to disagree with.

All the lies the RCC has covered up through the ages is truly an insult to all of Xianity and to Islam and Judaism alike.

In case you haven't noticed, there are many Christian denominations other than Roman Catholocism. So far, you have criticized all of Christianity for wrongs or alleged wrongs done by the Catholic Church and ignored lies and brutality perpetuated by religions other than Christianity.

Even Judaism was born out of Egypt where the original Hebrews were from. The Patriarch Abraham was Egyptian himself, and the religion he professed was early Islam.

Early Islam? Maybe what Muslims believe is late Abrahamism.

Yet, we have Judaism and Xianity that came out of Abraham's belief in Allah. There is only one true God, Allah, so every other god is false, including your Jesus who may have actually been a pharaoh down in Egypt during his absent years.

Maybe Jehovah, Yahweh or Wotan is the true God. Maybe there is no God at all.

If Allah exists and is the one true God, prove it.

For every doctrine taught in Xianity, there is a lie that it sprang from.

Every religion is based at least in part on lies and bullshit.

Xianity is on its way out as a man-made Xian religion. Perhaps then we can focus on the One Spirit of God since the human race is the face of God on earth.

Even if Christianity were to disappear, we would still be stuck with the organized lies known as Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, etc.

Insulting adherents of a religion tends to reinforce their already existing distrust and distaste of unbelievers. The tactic is counterproductive as well as largely moronic.

The term Xtian is perceived by many Christians as somewhat insulting. That the term is technically not insulting does not help when most Christians do not understand that fact. To persist in using the term knowing that it is likely to result in a negative perception is discourteous at least, and certainly does not encourage intelligent and informed debate.

Most ordinary religionists are very sincere in their beliefs and such beliefs are seen as justified when foul-mouthed non-believers shower them with insults. It is not the victims that should be attacked but the institutions.

"To persist in using the term knowing that it is likely to result in a negative perception is discourteous at least, and certainly does not encourage intelligent and informed debate."

I second that. I might be agnostic, but I'm kind of getting fed up with the way Christianitys getting blamed for everything, but then Galt seems to have covered that already. Hey, i'm feeling grateful to Galt! A miracle!

Originally posted by Cris
Insulting adherents of a religion tends to reinforce their already existing distrust and distaste of unbelievers. The tactic is counterproductive as well as largely moronic.

The term Xtian is perceived by many Christians as somewhat insulting. That the term is technically not insulting does not help when most Christians do not understand that fact. To persist in using the term knowing that it is likely to result in a negative perception is discourteous at least, and certainly does not encourage intelligent and informed debate.

Most ordinary religionists are very sincere in their beliefs and such beliefs are seen as justified when foul-mouthed non-believers shower them with insults. It is not the victims that should be attacked but the institutions.

I aim not to insult but to teach. The religion forum has become a Christian forum (see there, I spelled it out so as not to offend the ignorant). It appears to be okay that the Christians bash the Muslims and Jews and anyone not of their belief, but God forbid that a non-Christian or anyone else say anything to offend the Christians! I was under the impression this was a scientific forum looking for new ideas and controversial subjects. It's okay for the Christians to repeat the same thing over and over again or quote paragraph after paragraph of Bible scripture, but just let me post something controversial but true, then I get lambasted by the moderators! I expected this from James R but not from you. This forum doesn't want the truth to be known as it might offend the brainwashed. Why don't you just let them have this forum all to their Christian-believing selves and start another one where free-thinkers can post about religious controversy? That would be the fair thing to do. You must remember, Cris, that Christians don't want to hear the truth, so that offends those of us who do endeavor to learn the truth and speak it freely. If they are so offended, why then do they choose to be members of this religion forum? If the shoe were on the other foot, their Christian beliefs offend those of us who dare to learn the truth.

OK, so if I hit you over the head with a lump of wood and say I'm teaching you to deal with getting mugged, youll be fine with that?

"but just let me post something controversial but true,"

If it was really true, it wouldnt be controversial.

"This forum doesn't want the truth to be known as it might offend the brainwashed."

Which truth?

"It appears to be okay that the Christians bash the Muslims and Jews and anyone not of their belief, but God forbid that a non-Christian or anyone else say anything to offend the Christians!"

Well, thats not quite what we're going on about here, its more to do with taking a downright disrespectul manner of arguing in the first place. Ive seen you all bashing each other and getting on famously, it seems to me that you can and have all dished it out and are capable of taking it, but that doesnt mean its ok to use something that needles people all the time.

Originally posted by guthrie
OK, so if I hit you over the head with a lump of wood and say I'm teaching you to deal with getting mugged, youll be fine with that?
----------
M*W: It's not the same thing. If you feel like I've been hitting you over the head, that's YOUR perception.
----------
"but just let me post something controversial but true,"
----------
M*W: What's controversial to you may be true to me. Again, YOUR perception.
----------
----------
M*W: See my previous answer.
----------
"This forum doesn't want the truth to be known as it might offend the brainwashed." Which truth?
----------
M*W: Any truth that goes against or implicates Christianity for what it is.
----------
"It appears to be okay that the Christians bash the Muslims and Jews and anyone not of their belief, but God forbid that a non-Christian or anyone else say anything to offend the Christians!" Well, thats not quite what we're going on about here, its more to do with taking a downright disrespectul manner of arguing in the first place. Ive seen you all bashing each other and getting on famously, it seems to me that you can and have all dished it out and are capable of taking it, but that doesnt mean its ok to use something that needles people all the time.
----------
M*W: Whose arguing? It seems like it's the Christians who have started all the arguments. You all have been bashing the Muslims repeatedly. So what if we get along "famously," what's the problem with that? If something is needling you, that is YOUR problem. YOU need to deal with it.

"M*W: It's not the same thing. If you feel like I've been hitting you over the head, that's YOUR perception."

But yet, you still do it. Youve already said you do it deliberately, the conclusion is you do it to annoy.

"M*W: What's controversial to you may be true to me. Again, YOUR perception."

Therein lies no agreement. What is your perception, but different from mine. So why are you here to debate? Are you so certain that your perceptions are correct, and others deficient, that you can only say that any opinion different is merely my perceptional errors? Truth after all, is something that is supposed to be obvious to all, and yet, it appears not to be. So, we are different, and there is no common ground, so again, why debate it?

"M*W: Any truth that goes against or implicates Christianity for what it is."

But again, no debate possible. You merely have to class as wrong any opinion or truth about christianity that does not agree with your views. Whatever you say a thing is, it is not.

"It seems like it's the Christians who have started all the arguments."

it seems to me its all of you that are starting the arguments. Or arent you here for arguments?

M*W,

I hadn’t aimed my post specifically at you. You seem to have taken my comment personally. If you so easily recognize yourself in my comments then perhaps you do have a problem.

I aim not to insult but to teach.
Then sympathize with their condition and seek their trust. They will not listen to you otherwise and will likely go further in the wrong direction if you always appear hateful and aggressive towards them.

The religion forum has become a Christian forum (see there, I spelled it out so as not to offend the ignorant).
And I thought it was becoming atheistic. Christian issues are likely to surface more frequently because most members here are from the USA and that has a predominantly Christian influence.

It's okay for the Christians to repeat the same thing over and over again or quote paragraph after paragraph of Bible scripture, but just let me post something controversial but true, then I get lambasted by the moderators!
I wasn’t acting as a moderator just another poster. But again my post was a general observation about hateful and negative comments made by non-believers. Since I am a non-believer I would rather not be grouped with those who display such hateful and counterproductive remarks.

But responding to scripture babble by calling them liars and stupid doesn’t help our case, whether it is true or not.

This forum doesn't want the truth to be known as it might offend the brainwashed.
I do not believe that being offensive is the best way or even an effective way to the discovery of truth. If facts are present then they can always be presented objectively.

Why don't you just let them have this forum all to their Christian-believing selves and start another one where free-thinkers can post about religious controversy?
This is one of the most free religious debate forums that I have seen on the internet. There is no limit to the controversy that we debate, but I do not believe that such topics should be couched in offensive remarks. If we are civilized, intelligent and genuinely seek truth and worthwhile debates then I believe courteous behavior significantly aids that process.

You must remember, Cris, that Christians don't want to hear the truth, so that offends those of us who do endeavor to learn the truth and speak it freely.
And how does offending them help? It doesn’t. It only satisfies the irrational anger of the offender.

If they are so offended, why then do they choose to be members of this religion forum?
Because they have been told to expect it, and your remarks play directly into their hands and help them see the ‘truth’ of their religion.

If the shoe were on the other foot, their Christian beliefs offend those of us who dare to learn the truth.
Yes but we know they are deluded and such things can’t offend us, we should be above such things. If a child does something wrong because he hasn’t been taught properly do you shout abuse at him or attempt to teach him? That you might not ‘get through’ at first simply means you must exercise patience. Losing your temper will set you back.

I aim not to insult but to teach.

And what exactly are your double-standards and unsubstantiated claims supposed to be teaching us?

The religion forum has become a Christian forum (see there, I spelled it out so as not to offend the ignorant).

And you hurl another insult why bragging about not insulting people...

Anyway, my observation is that this forum leans toward an atheist/agnostic position, with many posts being hypothetical situations about the nature of God, etc.

It's okay for the Christians to repeat the same thing over and over again or quote paragraph after paragraph of Bible scripture, but just let me post something controversial but true, then I get lambasted by the moderators!

I don't consider Cris' post to be lambasting and I have no problem with people using terms like "Xian", but really; how often is such a term used as something other than a verbal jab by those who have an axe to grind against Christianity?

I expected this from James R but not from you. This forum doesn't want the truth to be known as it might offend the brainwashed.

And only Christians are brainwashed, right?

Why don't you just let them have this forum all to their Christian-believing selves and start another one where free-thinkers can post about religious controversy?

You consider yourself a "freethinker"?

That would be the fair thing to do. You must remember, Cris, that Christians don't want to hear the truth, so that offends those of us who do endeavor to learn the truth and speak it freely.

If you were really interested in the truth you wouldn't be holding Christianity to a stricter standard than other faiths.

If they are so offended, why then do they choose to be members of this religion forum?

Who was offended by this, anyway?

Originally posted by guthrie

I have to disagree with you here.

The heliocentric theory was controversial as was the idea of the earth being round rather than flat, but both are true.

Back