Christian Scientist = Muslim?

lixluke

Refined Reinvention
Valued Senior Member
Do the beliefs of Islam and Christian Science seem similar?
In essence, they seem to be pretty much the same thing.

NO ATHEISTS ALLOWED.
ATHEISTS ARE BIAS.

NO ATHEISTS ALLOWED.
ATHEISTS ARE BIAS.

Hey! That's bias.. :rolleyes:

Other than that I can't really comment too much on the topic.. Hell, can you even put 'christian' and 'science' next to each other?

Oh and finally: even if you had have written "No yellow gorillas allowed", I would have gone and found a yellow gorilla and got him to respond just to show you that your orders ain't worth a damn thing.

No you wouldn't have. You have no say. As stated:
NO ATHEISTS ALLOWED
ATHEISTS ARE BIAS

Christian Science (or the Church of Christ, Scientist) was founded in the 1800s by Mary Baker Eddy (Mrs. Eddy as she was known in the Church). She dabbled in "healing arts" that she studied from an old clockmaker turned snake-oil man but, after a bad fall many didnt' think she'd survive, Mrs. Eddy discovered the "true power of healing."

Rather than seek to be healed by an internal process or by the mind, Mrs. Eddy discovered that healing could come only from the "Divine Mind of God," and she was healed on the spot.

She developed a "science" of healing based on her discovery of the "science of scripture" in the Christian Bible. Modern Christian Scientists adhere to Mary Eddy's principle tenents, which she outlined in her book, Science and health with key to the scriptures. Among them: "as adherents of Truth, we take the inspired Word of the Bible as our sufficient guide to eternal Life"; and "we acknowledge that the crucifixion of Jesus and his resurrection served to uplift faith to understand eternal Life, even the allness of Soul, Spirit, and the nothingness of matter."

I think these tenents as well as others of Christian Science make it clear that this cult is at least as different from the various Muslim cults as the Presbyterians or Jehovah's Witnesses.

cool skill said:
Do the beliefs of Islam and Christian Science seem similar?
In essence, they seem to be pretty much the same thing.
Considering they're both offshoots of Judaism it's not particularly surprising. Of course, Christian Scientists don't generally believe the Mohammed was a prophet. This tends to be a sticking point for most Muslims.

NO ATHEISTS ALLOWED. ATHEISTS ARE BIAS.
Sorry bucko but this is a public forum. Grin and bear it or go wander off to some other forum that supports your prejudices.

~Raithere

cool skill said:
NO ATHEISTS ALLOWED
ATHEISTS ARE BIAS
What, and Christians aren't? :bugeye:
I don't I need to remind you about the Crusades and the Inquisition, do I? And that Christians try to force people to believe thier mind-numbing lies and threaten violence if people don't?
Hmmmmmmm?

Back