Child of Rape

Orleander

OH JOY!!!!
Valued Senior Member
If this man has to pay child-support, should he be allowed visitation rights to his child?

Man Pleads To Raping Quadriplegic Woman In Facility

COLONIE—A former employee of the Albany County Center for Disability Services who raped a mentally disabled woman who was a resident at the facility and who gave birth as a result will likely be sentenced on Oct. 12 to spend the next 18 years in state prison after admitting the crime in a plea deal.

Dalo Richard, 30, of Third St., Albany had sex with the woman who is unable to speak or give consent but the crime wasn’t known until it was found she was pregnant. He apologized to Judge Thomas Breslin “for the crime I committed”.

The quadriplegic woman who is also blind gave birth in February and DNA evidence from the baby led to charging Richard in May, listed as being 6 foot 2 and weighing 385 pounds, with rape and sexual abuse.....

No!!!!!!! For fuck's sake, NO!

I assume you are playing devil's advocate here...demanding that a raped woman let her child see said convicted rapist? Lunacy....

No!!!!!!! For fuck's sake, NO!

I assume you are playing devil's advocate here...demanding that a raped woman let her child see said convicted rapist? Lunacy....

I don't think this particular woman would have any say in it. If he has to pay child support, wouldn't he legally have the right to see this child? Isn't that what men demand if they pay support?

If he is paying child support and is the biological father, he is legally entitled to see the child. e.g. if he was a convicted murderer, he would still be legally entitled to see the child.

But why and how is he paying child support? Is it usual to ask rapists to pay child support?

I don't think most cases of adult rape produce a child with a known father.

He may have a 401K plan he has to pay from. or he has to sell his house. or...

wouldn't he legally have the right to see this child?

Well that's really up to the courts to decide. If they think he would pose a danger to either the mother or child they very easily can prevent him from having any visitation rights even if he is making child support payments.

I don't think the mother will have much to do with the child since she is blind, mentally handicapped, can't communicate, and is paralyzed.

it's no a trade-off between child support - visitation

child support is an obligation to provide monetary support for a child's rearing, the result of you having sex

if a dad doesn't give a sh*t about a kid and doesn't want to see him he can still be obliged to pay child support - it's not like paying to visit the zoo

Paying child support does not give you visitation rights. The two are completely serperate decrees.

These days, if a man rapes his ex-wife, he will lose visitation rights. And rightly so. If a child results from rape, the "father" should certainly not have visitation rights.

But this mother is not capable of taking care of her child and will not be raising the child. If the child becomes a ward of the state, a father has to sign off on papers or be found unable to take care of the child. His family could raise the child until his sentence is over.

Yes. I remember reading it more than once & hearing it on TV news several times. After seeing your post I tried Googling & couldn't find anything.
Hmmm

Back