Chem Trails, Bio Warfare and Total Body Modification

MagiAwen

Registered Senior Member
ok yeah yeah. I know. Personally I am pretty reserved when it comes to wacked out things like these but I have had something happen.

I'll try to not get too long winded. Apparently chem trails, bio warefare agents and this TBM Total Body Modification is some new craze or maybe it's just because I'm in Nowhere, US that I am just being exposed to this now.

Anyway I have had my share of health related problems mostly due to my lifestyle and stress which I have been dealing with most of my life and things have been getting better since I stopped letting M.D's poke at me. Then a person I know tells me about these therapists and this TBM thing but she said nothing about the chem trail and wacky other things they say.

So I figure this is a natural healer or natural therapist and I think what is the harm in meeting these people. I have not meet two nuttier people in my life but the thing is their damn techniques work! I mean I don't believe in most of the crud that comes out of their mouth but they had this clicky thing and did these muscle tests on me and the next day I felt great! My hips were actually in place for once, something I have been fighting with my body since I had an accident when I was very young.

Now it comes to the part where I ask if anyone in here knows anything about this stuff. I have tried to do some research on TBM but really come up with nothing that isn't the same thing repeated on sites over and over which leads me to believe it's some hokey thing someone made up to make money...cept I have experienced that the physical therapy part works. Aside from the fact that she tells me from these weird "tests" that i have been exposed to chemical warfare agents that are sprayed by government testing aircraft which of course is where the chem trails come in (I'm sure it has nothing to do with me freaking out in the gas chamber and ripping my mask off in basic training tho [/sarcasm].

I also tried to do some research on all this chem trail stuff but am finding it very hard to weed out what has actually been studied and what is propaganda and paranoia. I am very interested if anyone here has looked at or researched these types of things and what your opinion on it is.

Here are some links to TBM if anyone needs them

http://www.tbmseminars.com/
http://www.health-doc.com/TBM.html
http://www.healthpyramid.com/bio-energetic/tbmbrochure.html

Chemtrails are contrails. The idea of an international conspiracy running a large fleet of aircraft spraying chemicals into the atmosphere is totally daft. Think of the logistics. Think of the costs. How many seconds do you think it could be kept secret?

I actually wrote an article about it: www.hans-egebo.dk/skeptic ;)

Hans

Ah but there is a secret conspiracy at work... Usually involving cheap airflights to locations on economy jets.

OK, now I have had time to look at the TBM link. There is really only one text, which is nearly verbatim copied on two of the sites. It says (my comments in bold ):

"How Does T.B.M. Work?

The nervous system is composed of the Central Nervous System, which runs the voluntary function or movements and the Autonomic Nervous System which runs the involuntary functions of the body, such as heart beat, digestion, etc. Each of these systems are further divided into Sensory and Motor Fibers.

So far, so good. A simplified text-bok description of the nervous system.

The brain is the primary control for both branches of the nervous system. Sensory Fibers carry messages to the brain where they are processed, like a computer, and the brain in turn, tells the body what to do.

Now it gets tricky. There is much more to the function of the body, especially organs, than neural signalling. The writer chooses to ignore the very extensive and complex chemical signalling system that exists and which is partly independent on the brain.

Research has proven that under sufficient stress, for any reason, the neurons in the brain centers, which are controlling the stressed organ or body part, essentially depolarize. This is like blowing a fuse on an electric circuit. The message gets to the brain but fails to return. The result is that the brain (computer) loses effective control over the afflicted organ or body part. This leaves the organ or body part running out of control.

And, off we go into technobabble! The typocal woowoo way: Take some research result, twist it about to your convinience, and claim it applies universally.

Using tried and tested reflex points and muscle testing, the T.B.M. practitioner can find the problem.

This refers to Applied Kinesiology (evident in one of the other versions of the text). AK is not tried and tested. It is an unverified alternative method.

The practitioner will then stimulate a specific area or areas of the spine in a specific manner in an attempt to stimulate the neurones in the brain to repolarize (fix the fuse) and allow the brain to regain control of the body and guide it back to health.

Unsupported claims.

Since a correctly functioning nervous system is a major requirement for health, it follows that T.B.M. can have a part to play in almost any problem and uncover and correct the roadblocks to recovery.

No, that does not follow. While the first statement is essentially correct, no evidence has been presented for TBM's ability to correct malfunctions in the nervous system.

T.B.M. Research

At this point in time T.B.M. is able to test and correct most of the known body functions. Through the efforts and thinking of many innovators within the Chiropractic profession, a body of knowledge and repeatable technical procedures has emerged to correct what is termed functional physiological malfunctions.

If TBM can do this, how come it has not revolutionized medical science?

Over the years, scientific data has validated much of what began as a theory.

Evidence?

But the results that have been attained have given the impetus, the confidence and the desire to find out more about how the body really works. Research is an ongoing activity in T.B.M. and each year brings new discoveries.

And where is this research documented? Nowhere? ....Why am I not surprised?

MagiAwen: Whatever you experienced, it is extremely unlikely to be due to ant effect of TBM. TBM has all the signs of quackery.

TBM has all the signs of quackery.

I'm sure you're right. I found out the guy I saw is actually a chiropractor and that is most likely what happened to me..he just adjusted my back. But yanno us monkeys :D It would be nice to believe there was something out there that didn't involve a bunch of stuffy dudes in white coats poking at you and filling you full of drugs.

Anyways...I never did find much more on the net about it...basically sites saying the same things...no sound scientific anything and no valid research done.

Though, I'm going to see these people on Saturday because I guess they are going to a friend of my mom's house... I wanted to ask them a few questions about it cuz last time I saw them they had no answers for my questions and in fact said all sorts of things I found out to be initially correct but also misconstrued to mean what they wanted it to mean.

So...can anyone give me some suggestions on more questions for these crazies?
Other than the obvious...I would like a research paper that has been published in a known and respected medical journal.

Last edited:
Oh BTW Hans...I have been reading your stuff. :)

Nice. I'll probably have some questions for you when I am finished...time is precious these days so I'm having to take it in in small doses.

Certainly! I'm not that regular a visitor here, so you can mail me if I don't reply.

Hans

TBM is built on results not on how it works. Every technique that is taught has at least 500 cases with out failure. The do not know how it works only that it works. Every human work differently and the sequences the body takes is unique to it self. The scientific research is on cases that the medical industry gave up on and TBM did not. Most of the case the patient is living a normal healthy life now, do to TBM

Tbm

For MRC Hans to conclude that TBM is quackery based on his/her reading of a website is as absurd and inconclusive as judging a book by its cover. If that is how you prove and disprove your research, then what a poor scientist you are. The research is documented once a year at TBM's Innovative Symposium', where all the leading TBM doctors come together to share their findings. Many TBM doctors take lab tests before and after treating a patient with TBM to prove its efficacy. The reason it is not published in a respected medical journal is quite simple, multi-billion dollar drug companies disapprove of any promoting of alternative therapies, and as drug companies control the medical establishment and hence their journals the public sadly is misinformed. This is substantiated in many books, 'Medical Mafia' by Ghislane Lanctot MD is one of many. She explains eloquently and concisely exactly how the real cures for disease are brushed aside for the simple reason that there is no profit for the drug companies. As drug companies not only fund much of the research but also fund medical schools they have immense power over what student doctors are taught. I have personally seen TBM cure more incurables than the whole history of conventional medicine put together. Hiatus Hernias can be cured in 2 minutes and lo and behold without surgery or drugs. If you really want to disprove/prove TBM send a sick patient to a reputable TBM doctor, then judge for yourself. Better still, fund a clinical trial to test it’s efficacy.

Last edited:
I enjoyed this account of "healers" on James Randi's site:
I wanted to know more, so we arranged to meet in person. When we did, about a week later, her partner and several friends were there. We ended up down at the pub, and as I said, it turned into something of a social event. However, I asked a lot of questions about this aura and the energies involved; I am not just a nasty cynic, I am genuinely interested in what people believe and why they believe it. I did not get many straight, concise answers. Frequently, an answer was just a re-phrasing of the original statement, for example:

Healing is achieved by the channeling of the body's natural energies.

What energies are these?

Natural energies within the body.

Er, yes, but what kind of energies?

The body's natural energies.

How are these energies detected? Can they be measured?

Yes, they show up in the body's aura.

What is the aura?

It's the aura of the body's natural energies.

When pressed for scientific and clinical evidence, the group became very anecdotal. Sure, "research" had been done, and everything had been "proved," but no one could say exactly where, when, or by whom. "Scientists have found" and "It has been proved" were dropped into the conversation as if they were phrases that were to be accepted on faith. The ancient Chinese were dragged into the argument frequently; they believed in "Chi"and such, so it must be true because everyone knows how advanced and infallible they were. Kirilian photography was brought up, along with the infamous "orbs of light."

Ultimately, proof was supposed to be found in the fact that the healing worked, and again, this was very anecdotal. Everyone had their own catalogue of successes, of remarkable cures, especially with people on whom conventional medicine had "given up." Then, of course, I was trotted out as irrefutable proof. "Your shoulder is feeling better, isn't it?" I was challenged. I could not deny that it was much better, but I also pointed out that it was now ten days or more since the injury, and surely it would be getting better anyway. Cue for smug, knowing looks. I came to realize that although these people talked of medicine, what was really going on was magic. Between them, they practiced everything from laying-on-of-hands, burning different incenses, waving crystals, and sticking candles in your ear, to homeopathy and magnetism.

One guy did offer a "scientific" explanation, or started to. "I've made a study of quantum physics," he declared. "I think everything can be explained in terms of quantum physics." Unfortunately, when I pressed him, it became clear that he didn't know an awful lot about quantum physics beyond the term "quantum physics." He was equating "energy states" of electrons with "energy flow" within the body. I think he must have read "The Tao of Physics" and gotten a little lost. Anyway, I asked him if he knew of any research that suggested that quantum effects could apply on a macroscopic level, and he mumbled the familiar refrain that he was certain that "it had been proved" but would have to go and look it up.

I intend, when time permits, to write up my experiences with this group in a more formal and coherent fashion. The people concerned, I must reiterate, were all very friendly, very nice to me, and seemed very sincere. However, I was left feeling unnerved and worried, not just that such medieval mind-sets could exist in the twenty-first century. What frightens me is that these people do not just meet for mutual navel-contemplation and to exchange transcendental twaddle; they practice healing. They set themselves up as legitimate alternatives to genuine medicine, when what they are offering is, at best, a placebo, and at worst, damaging. In the semi-detached sitting rooms of middle England, harm is being done.

http://www.randi.org/jr/051702.html

Mariazen, why should any of us fund a study to prove this nonsense works? It is up to the practitioners to prove that it works; it is not the job of sceptics to prove it does not. Anecdotal evidence is worthless, only double blind rigorous studies can be of any value. Placebo effect is very real.

Also from the Randi site:

Here's something I heard long ago, written by someone named "Anon"....

A short history of medicine:

"I have an earache..."

2000 BCE: "Here, eat this root."

1000 CE: "That root is heathen. Here, say this prayer."

1850 CE: "Prayer is superstition. Here, drink this potion."

1940 CE: "That potion is snake oil. Here, swallow this pill."

1985 CE: "That pill is ineffective. Here, take this antibiotic."

2002 CE: "That antibiotic is artificial. Here, eat this root."

Back