Cheese at bedtime

Captain_Crunch

Club Ninja
Valued Senior Member
one of my freinds told me that if you eat cheese before you go to bed it gives you nightmares. I thought: noway, not possible, so i tryed it to prove him wrong, i ate 2 cheese sandwiches then went to sleep. I had a dream, i dont know if it was coincedence or not but i did. What do you think, is it a myth or does actually eating cheese before bed give you nightmares?

I have never heard of it, sounds highly unlikely though, but you never know....

i thought it was chocolate?

i never had a nightmare for a long time

ive heard that food does effect dreams.... i dont know if it is always that it causes night mares.. also... since we always dream.. it just matters wether we remember it or not.. i wonder if eating also causes us to remember our dreams more??? as for personal expiriences..... i eat.. ALOT.. and i dream some WIIIIILD dreams.. often.. so.. it could very well be related (in my case..)

Try to eat an orange or two before going to bed. It's ancient believe that this gives you nightmares.

I dont know about cheese, but a recent study found that if you eat ice cream before bed, you'll wake up in a bad mood. Dont have any HARD-CORE evidence though:D

-laughs- and eating a peice of fruit and a slice of cheese helps digestion after meals...
i think i wake up in a bad mood regardless of what i ate the night before... then again.. i dont have much of a mood.. just an eye-squinted stumble and a few grunts at the cat.... im really not a morning person....

Back