Censored for quoting Firefly.

I could understand the poster being taken down on the grounds of bad taste in TV viewing, but... threatening? :eek:

Nanny state gone mad.

I could understand the poster being taken down on the grounds of bad taste in TV viewing, but... threatening? :eek:

Nanny state gone mad.

Hey! I liked the Firefly series.., though the sequel became a little dark...

Though the University may have had some administrative reason to object, considering the violence that has visited U.S. campuses, the way this was addressed and by who was way off into the questionable...

I'd say if charges were or are actually made official, the DA and court involved should throw them out as frivolous, with at least a warning to the university and wannabe cop/prosecutor Campus Police Chief.

I'd have been of the opinion that, if anything, the students' (supposedly adult for crying out loud [or are US universities a different demographic from UK ones?] reaction would have been "Oh, Mal, cool!" rather than any "OMG111 death threats!"

This is why I never did like the series Firefly because of the script which had crap like this written throughout it and poor acting. As for the poster, it should have never been posted by the professor, what was he thinking about anyway? Shows me that the level of incompetence at that school is rather high with this kind of stuff being done by the staff.:(

Last edited:
Nice that the university didn't take the quote into context. In the framework of the story, the quote shows honor, respect, and trust.

Hell you don;t even need the context of the show to get the quite shows Honor, respect and trust. It's one of the best standalone quotes ever. The whole I may be an asshole but you'll get a fair shake from me.

Academia has been suffering since the cultural revolution. They wnated to change the world, but all they did was change who "The Man" was.

Back