Care to explain this Alphanumeric?

Reiku

Banned
Banned
I was right that mass would double at lightspeed - - and would continue every second.

Conserving Momentum:the Relativistic Mass Increase
Note that this is an undetectably small effect at ordinary speeds, but as an
object approaches the speed of light, the mass increases without limit! ...

galileoandeinstein.physics.virginia.edu/lectures/mass_increase.html

The relativistic mass increases without limit. The mass does not. Relativistic mass is an outdated concept for several reasons. First and foremost, there is no reason to use this concept. Relativistic mass is simply energy scaled by the square of the speed of light. Energy is a very useful concept. Giving energy another name primarily leads to confusion.

Secondly, "relativistic mass" depends on relative velocities. Consider three objects. Objects A and B are at rest with respect to each other but both are moving at relativistic speeds with respect to object C. An observer fixed with respect to object C will see object A as having a high relativistic mass, while an observer fixed with respect to object B will see object A as having a relativistic mass equal to its rest mass.

Thirdly, "relativistic mass" depends on direction. The sole reason for using the concept of relativistic mass is so that we can continue to use F=ma or a=F/m. The resistance to force, 1/m, depends not only on the relative velocity but also on the direction in which the force is applied.

What do I have to explain? Relativistic mass increases with velocity, I even gave the equation : $$m_{r} = \frac{m_{o}}{\sqrt{1-\frac{v^{2}}{c^{2}}}}$$

But that doesn't support your claim that the mass doubles every second. It would mean that every v gets closer to c in just the right way to mean that every second $$m_{r} \to 2m_{r}$$.

You don't mention anything to do with force, as if any and all objects accelerating towards light speed will experience a doubling of mass every second. That's obviously not true. We can accelerate electrons to 99% the speed of light, which would make their relativistic mass increase 10 fold, in under a second. Apply a larger force and they'd increase in relativistic mass even faster!

So your claim requires a very specific kind of acceleration, not even a constant force, and so is by no means the blanket statement you try to put it across as.

The fact you think your quote supports your claim is laughable. But then you always are.

Relativistic mass is only a gain of energy right?
Yes, so the object being accelerated has to gain energy at a precise rate to double in mass every second (or light second).
nd cut down on the cheek Alpha... please.?
I'll stop insulting you when you stop being an idiot and when you stop being such an attention whore. Why didn't you post this question in the thread which spawned it? Why did you post a new thread? Because you like attention and you're so stupid you don't realise you're wrong and you're childish enough to want to start a new thread in an attempt to say "Hey, everyone, I'm right, he's wrong!!", just as you tried to do on PhysOrg then got shown to be an idiot and a plagerist.

You never learn, do you?

Well, i didn't because i wasn't sure whether you came into pseudoscience much. Right?

Thank you for your answer. I don't use the term relativistic energy much, so that is probably where i misunderstood.

Back