Cannabis found at British defence minister's house

tablariddim

forexU2
Valued Senior Member
So what, big deal, but, I was surprised that the police felt obliged to mention its street value, "The substance found weighed less than one gram with a street value of approximately 85p." And I was more than surprised that you could buy cannabis resin in England for less than 30 pounds an ounce in 2006! What BS:rolleyes:

Yeah, I couldn't care less if someone was caught with cannabis, but if said person or people are ones to vehemently preach out against civilian drug use, then heh..

- N

The deal is that the police got all defensive and had to mention that the amount found was only worth about 85p or 50c, which equates to under 30 pounds an ounce. The last time I bought cannabis in the UK for less than 30 quid an ounce was in the 70's!

Yeah, the war on cannibis just keeps it in the hands of criminals, are our leaders criminals?

Any news reference to this? I tried to find something but can't see anything. (I'm not one for keeping up with current affairs)

in the current climate of hysteria with regards cannabis and the media attention it garners as well as the strict sentencing 'offender' can receive for possesion and distribution - why have the police not cracked down on this man like they would anyone else?

if he is willing to co-operate, and hand a list of names in to the police of all the people that have stayed at that residence, then eventually the criminal should be found, and dealt with like any other ordinary member of the public.

double standards? could be worse - he could have not payed his council tax for 8 and a half years.

Back