Canine Perfume Revisited

Vermithraxx

Registered Member
I stumbled across an old thread and could not help but bring the issue back into the light and hopefully dispel a misconception. I am an old hick from Wisconsin and my experience with animal behavior comes from observing them, not attempting to psychoanalyze them. They roll in feces and carrion because THEY LOVE IT!! If I could roll in chocolate I WOULD!!! A dog will roll in the sweet nectar of rotting fish and then immediately mark his territory. Gotta love 'em!!

I stumbled across an old thread and could not help but bring the issue back into the light and hopefully dispel a misconception. I am an old hick from Wisconsin and my experience with animal behavior comes from observing them, not attempting to psychoanalyze them. They roll in feces and carrion because THEY LOVE IT!! If I could roll in chocolate I WOULD!!! A dog will roll in the sweet nectar of rotting fish and then immediately mark his territory. Gotta love 'em!!

Since you are an expert > Why does a dog marks his territory, does he protect is or just like to say I was here ?

Good point, the dog wouldn't do it if it didn't like that smell. Considering how much I don't like the smell, I now have to wonder why a dog with a much more sensitive nose would like it? Especially a well fed dog. I've seen dogs put their nose right next to things that cause me to have a gag reflex several feet away.

Back