Can you fit your fist in your mouth?

Slacker47

Paint it Black
Registered Senior Member
I was just thinking...

As many people know, Austrailia has the highest amount of known followers of the "Star Wars" religion. (i dont remember the technical name)

I overheard these puny Christians talking about how stupid it was because it was just a book... So I did a comparison:

1) Main Idea: Dualism (Evil VS Good)
2) Lead Character who opposes evil with good
3) Lead character does amazing feats that only a super natural force could behold
4) Main character is tested continuously
5) Followers have to believe in something that cannot be proven scientifically (the force VS existence of God)
6) Both have scientific data refuting events (travelling at the speed of light VS *read any other damn post), but people "Just gotta have faith"

It seems to me that there are differences (obviously), but each has core values that can be falsified.

Any comments?

Originally posted by Slacker47
I was just thinking...

As many people know, Austrailia has the highest amount of known followers of the "Star Wars" religion. (i dont remember the technical name)

I overheard these puny Christians talking about how stupid it was because it was just a book... So I did a comparison:

1) Main Idea: Dualism (Evil VS Good)
2) Lead Character who opposes evil with good
3) Lead character does amazing feats that only a super natural force could behold
4) Main character is tested continuously
5) Followers have to believe in something that cannot be proven scientifically (the force VS existence of God)
6) Both have scientific data refuting events (travelling at the speed of light VS *read any other damn post), but people "Just gotta have faith"

It seems to me that there are differences (obviously), but each has core values that can be falsified.

Any comments?

I have a comment. As one of these punnie christians you refer to, there is a difference between beliefs/fact and your opinion when it becomes personal. You know what that is? Opinions are like......everyones got one. You fill in the blanks. See, nothing unchristian about that. Let your conscience be your guide;that is if you have one. Any comments?

Gino

Gino

I believe Slacker may be asking "What makes christianity any more true or valid than belief in the Force?"

Gino,

I have a comment. As one of these punnie christians you refer to, there is a difference between beliefs/fact and your opinion when it becomes personal. You know what that is? Opinions are like......everyones got one. You fill in the blanks. See, nothing unchristian about that. Let your conscience be your guide;that is if you have one. Any comments?

The point of this execise was to demonstrate that Christians get too wrapped up in their beliefs sometimes, as do I, but the main point was to show that you shouldn't criticize others for their beliefs. Yes, you can disagree, but dont judge and dont become angered. I hope you now understand the point because it is very important.

Originally posted by Slacker47
Gino,

The point of this execise was to demonstrate that Christians get too wrapped up in their beliefs sometimes, as do I, but the main point was to show that you shouldn't criticize others for their beliefs. Yes, you can disagree, but dont judge and dont become angered. I hope you now understand the point because it is very important.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That is ok. Um, I wondered if I mentioned christians are messengers, not crusaders of the gospel? I believe I did. As far as being wrapped up in the faith, yes I am. Criticize others for their beliefs? Na! As the old saying goes, it all comes out in the wash. In the end, all of us shall see if Christ is right. Considering he is the Son of the most high God, well I will leave the credibility issue to each of his own.

Gino

Back