Can you explain this scientifically ?

Saint

Valued Senior Member
Judges 6

36 Gideon said to God, "If you will save Israel by my hand as you have promised-
37 look, I will place a wool fleece on the threshing floor. If there is dew only on the fleece and all the ground is dry, then I will know that you will save Israel by my hand, as you said."
38 And that is what happened. Gideon rose early the next day; he squeezed the fleece and wrung out the dew-a bowlful of water.
39 Then Gideon said to God, "Do not be angry with me. Let me make just one more request. Allow me one more test with the fleece. This time make the fleece dry and the ground covered with dew."
40 That night God did so. Only the fleece was dry; all the ground was covered with dew.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We all know that when the vapour in air is saturated and cooled, it will condense and turn back to water. It should happen everywhere.
Based on science, how can the above miracle be possible?

I can't think of a 'scientific' explanation. Is sounds like the entire point of the test was to ask for something that was impossible, then assume that god was sending a message if it happened. Isn't a miracle by definition scientifically impossible?

Some preist took a few too many "herbs" and "incense" and wrote some stuff down.

Originally posted by Saint
Based on science, how can the above miracle be possible?

Um.... its a MIRACLE!

"An event that appears inexplicable by the laws of nature and so is held to be supernatural in origin or an act of God: “Miracles are spontaneous, they cannot be summoned, but come of themselves” (Katherine Anne Porter). "

Would it be possible that:

a) The fleece holds the water so it doesn't re-evaporate
b) The air over the fleece is cooler so water condenses on it and not necessarily everywhere else?

Those are my only two explanations. I know when I go out on my porch in the morning it can be dry, but the grass is wet. I think it is because the air over the grass is cooler, but i'm not sure.

i don't believe it, unless he put oil on the fleece so that water can not be deposited on it

Back