Can dogs trampoline?

alexb123

The Amish web page is fast!
Valued Senior Member
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7462524.stm

I really don't think this story is true if you look at the dog it does not appear to have the slightest intend at trampolining. In fact is is only on the trampoline because his owner won't let him off. I think it would take too much timing for a dog to trampoline however he might have used the height of the trampoline to escape.

No. I totally believe it.
You've never owned a Staffy have you Alex?
They are born escape artists, mine used to climb trees like a cat. they don't have the skill of a cat but they are strong and agile.
I knew one who used to chase soccer balls, launch himself onto the ball and bounce off using his belly. Very funny stuff.
Staffies are incredibly communicable dogs and have the best natural sense of humour of any dog species I know.
They crave contact and I don't doubt that this one bounced his way to find someone to talk to ( yes, Staffies talk).

One thing you absolutely cannot do is bounce a cat on a trampoline.
Those shock absorber legs are too much for any surprise bounce.

Cheers for for the video I think it proves my point. I don't disagree that a dog might like to attempt to do things on a trampoline but I think it is having four legs that would prevent a dog gaining any kind of height on a trampoline, as can be seen in the video.

I agree, that is why I was careful to phrase my comment that way...

Back