Can Chinese food be my religion?

Syzygys

As a mother, I am telling you
Valued Senior Member
I was thinking, probably eating Chinese food at least once a week is as close to a religion as I can get.

I make sure that I go to China buffet at least once a week. I go to the closes restaurant (church) but I can go to others too, and I have a rite. I eat always the same food in pretty much the same order. I tip the same amount (tithing).

So is eating (worshipping) Chinese food my religion???

I delightedly approve. Sure, there are those who say that you should practice eating the right Chinese foods lest you succumb to the horrors of MSG. I guess you could call me agnostic, as I don't know why I get sudden cravings for cream cheese wantons and the chinese cuisine, but there must be a reasonable explanation.

to class as a religion dont you have to belong to a group with more than 5.000 members or something? china has a pop of 1 billion so maybe you can call it a religion.

peace.

I was thinking, probably eating Chinese food at least once a week is as close to a religion as I can get.

I make sure that I go to China buffet at least once a week. I go to the closes restaurant (church) but I can go to others too, and I have a rite. I eat always the same food in pretty much the same order. I tip the same amount (tithing).

So is eating (worshipping) Chinese food my religion???

M*W: Yes! You can worship Chinese food as your religion, but there are certain doctrines that you must follow, and they are:

I am the lord thy god, Chow Mein, and thou shalt not worship any other buffet than my own.

Thou shalt not make for thyself a huge buffet plate of anything other than Chinese food.

Thou shalt not make wrongful use of soy sauce or hot mustard on thy buffet plate.

Remember thine egg roll and keep it holy.

Honor thy kitchen help with prayer and and large tips.

Thou shalt not murder another for taking the last scoop of fried rice on my buffet.

Thou shalt not commit adultery and order family dinner.

Thou shalt not carry out buffet--is against house rules.

That shalt not bear false witness of rat and roach report to health department.

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife's ass during secret rendevous at unfamiliar buffet across town.

And a few more:

Thou shalt pray to chopsticks that they shall hold your noodles forever.

Thou shalt baptise thy holy spoon in bowl of wonton soup.

Thou shalt always order from menu when buffet looks stale.

He who shares buffet with cheap non-paying friend will burn in hot wok forever.

Thou shalt not gloat over fortune cookie.

Remember thy combination plate is thy key to tofu heaven.

Very good Medicine woman!! I always wanted to ask, what is that * doing in your name?

Very good Medicine woman!! I always wanted to ask, what is that * doing in your name?

M*W: Well, I put the * in to be different, since there are several "Medicine Women" online and I needed to stand out from the rest. Now that I use the * (asterisk, which means star), I think it fits my persona nicely, seeing as how I'm into astro-theology and all.

Back