can an beat viruses

jonte92

Registered Senior Member
if one could just be able to crack the complex code of the viral bastards anatics, then man could face a new dawn of medical immortality and maybe total immortality xcept in cases of trauma. A true living organism has both DNA and RNA but viruses always have only one. they are thus only able to reproduce with the help of something else that they in the end strive to destroy, escape and find anoter victim. In trying to understand this, one has fully get to know the genome project and know hjow these viruses attack down to the molecular level, how they replicate without a proper editing function in the genome. the only problem that make most viruses killers is the complexity of the whole issue.That requires acomp genius totell a machine how to analze and decoce this functionality:confused:

What's anatics?
It's not that funny shaped room at the top of a house is it?

Last edited:
if one could just be able to crack the complex code of the viral bastards anatics,

I’m not sure what the phrase “viral bastards anatics” means, but I can inform you that the sequencing of viral genomes has been proceeding for some years now. Currently, according to NCBI, there are >2000 viral genomes sequenced.

then man could face a new dawn of medical immortality and maybe total immortality xcept in cases of trauma.

No. The sequencing of viral genomes will not bring us significantly closer to “immortality”. We have evolved over millions of years to be senescent. We're not going to be able to reverse that any time soon, never in my opinion.

they are thus only able to reproduce with the help of something else that they in the end strive to destroy, escape and find anoter victim.

There are many viral life cycles that do not destroy the host cell.

In trying to understand this, one has fully get to know the genome project and know hjow these viruses attack down to the molecular level, how they replicate without a proper editing function in the genome.

Yes, there’s a whole field of biology (called virology) that includes precisely those areas of research.

the only problem that make most viruses killers is the complexity of the whole issue.

The majority of viruses are not lethal to humans.

why not help me learn more bout this virology thing.

It’s not my area of speciality. Besides, you’ll have to be way more specific than that; it’s a big field.

Maybe start here? http://www.virology.net/

how about medical immortality, u thik man cant achieve that??

What’s “medical immortality” as opposed to merely “immortality”? Anyway, it doesn’t matter because I still think the answer is no.

Contrary to what many people on interweb science forums think, it’s not merely a matter of fiddling with telomerase expression. Upregulating telomerase in cultured cells can induce effective immortality, but this does not extend to whole vertebrate organisms. I don’t have the reference at hand but upregulating telomerase in mice only conferred about a 10% increase in lifespan in some mice but carried the risk of increased incidences of cancer leading to a decrease in lifespan for many. That’s not much better than simply calorie restriction (for the ones that survived to old age).

The reason is that there is a very complex genetic control of aging involving interplay between a number of genes (not merely telomerase), all of which are working together to kill us after a certain period of time. We can influence some of the epigenetic and environmental aspects of the aging process, but we can’t escape the fact that we are genetically programmed to die.

decoding the genetical programing that causes ageing and finally death

do you think that it is literaly impossible to kind of modify this genetic programming or simply reverse it if one could be ableto crack and fully understand how it runs from the time of birth to the time of death?

do you think that it is literaly impossible to kind of modify this genetic programming or simply reverse it if one could be ableto crack and fully understand how it runs from the time of birth to the time of death?
This may not be genetic programming, but rather a second-order effect of the genetic programming that differentiates our clade of animals from the other clades.

All chordates die. Perhaps that's true of all deuterostomes; I'm not sure. In either case, it may be that immortality is only possible for simpler organisms and it's something we sacrificed in exchange for the complexity that allows us to be what we are.

Some plant species appear to be potentially immortal and are only killed by opportunistic infections after a traumatic injury. Are there any animal species with the potential for immortality? Like the ones who can be cut in half and each half becomes a new individual?

ThisisBatCountry.png

Is it just me or is this guys post totally tripping nonsense? I can't understand what he saying or if their is a question here?

Is it just me or is this guy's post totally tripping nonsense? I can't understand what he saying or if there is a question here?
He simply assumes too much familiarity with his own fields of interest. This looks like a poster for the award-winning song "Bat Country," from heavy-metal band Avenged Sevenfold's 2005 Album "City of Evil." Both the ideas in the lyrics and the title of the song are from Hunter Thompson's famous 1971 book about the counterculture, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. In the book:
  • Dr. Johnson says, "He who makes a beast out of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man."
  • Raoul Duke (Thompson's autobiographical avatar) says, "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
[Details from Wikipedia]

Exactly why I posted it, Hunter Thompson was in my opinion one of the greats Arthur of the last half of the twentieth century. I greatly enjoyed fear and loathing both the book and the movie, which was very accurate to the book aside of cutting out parts for time constraints, it as where Johny Depth discovered his calling playing crazy people.

.....how they replicate without a proper editing function in the genome....
Why is an editing function necessary for replication?

By anatics, did you misspell genetics, or is it some branch of genetics.
I've not heard of it before.

how they replicate without a proper editing function in the genome

Why is an editing function necessary for replication?

What he/she is probably referring to is that many viral polymerases have a lower fidelity than those of eukaryotic cells. In other words, viral polymerases make more mistakes when they are coping DNA or RNA from a template (compared to eukaryotic polymerases) leading to base pair substitutions and, hence, mutations.

High fidelity in DNA and RNA polymerases is important to cells because you don’t want to be introduction mutations. But the interesting thing about viruses is that evolutionary forces have selected against the same level of polymerase fidelity. This is probably the reason why viruses can change and adapt so quickly to environmental pressures – they can fairly rapidly generate a range of mutations through the mere act of viral genome replication, thus increasing the chances that one of them will be beneficial with respect to the selective pressure in question.

Back