Can a girl be transformed into a boy?

rcscwc

Registered Senior Member
Any drugs, any surgical procedures cannot turn a 45 X female or 46 XX female into a 46 XY male.

Though it may be possible to operate on XXY male or XYY male to bring out the penis and testis.

Last edited:
Actually I don't think there is anything preventing a female from.being turned into a working male except the law. You can build a penis and a pump will cause an errection and if you transplanted a pair of testicles into her and gave them a blood surplie I don't see any technical problems with getting a production of sperm and an ejaculation from a women, sure the DNA would be that of the donor and its currently illegal to transplant reproductive organs but that doesn't change wether she would be a working he any.

As for making a male into a working female that would be harder because of the structural differences, the number of aditional reproductive organs and the requirements for different hormons to sustain a pregancy

They manufacture a "strap on " device for women to use if they want to become a boy for awhile if that's what you mean?

Any drugs, any surgical procedures cannot turn a 45 X female or 46 XX female into a 46 XY male.

Though it may be possible to operate on XXY male or XYY male to bring out the penis and testis.

Aside from what Asguard has said,

The fact that a 45X female is not completely a 46 XX female or a 46 XY male, doesn't mean that the person is sexually ambiguous. A few 45 X women can become pregnant. If you're talking about literally correcting a 45 X chromosome configuration, I don't think it's possible. By the time a baby is born, I would think that most or all of the symptoms (both physical and cognitive) associated with 45 X already exist (that is, the associated parts have already developed).

As for 47 XXY or 47 XYY males, some or many of them pass as normal, although these chromosomal syndromes have identifying characteristics. They're certainly not ambiguous in the reproductive sense, and many have normal or reduced fertility, so there's no need to "bring out the penis and testis". They're males, and their Y chromosomes made them so.

So, in a general sense, no Y chromosome present means female (even for 45 X persons). A Y chromosome present means male (even if the person has extra sex chromosomes).

Well, you have to work on that beginning at even before fertilization occurs if you want to do something like that. I don't think one can do that with a full-gron human being without resulting to total genetic breakdown.

Back