calling all muslims

vslayer

Registered Senior Member
im working on athoery here, could anyone who knows anyhting about the muslim faith and quran give me some details such as: when it originated, who were the main founders, what are the important things about it.

also a link to an online version of the quran would help

As a starter here is a good link for the quran in english it gives 3 different translations
quran

Hope you don't mind assistance from a kafir :p

I hear the Quran is imperfect in it's English rendition.

So says PM. I would believe anything he says.

I hear the Quran is imperfect in it's English rendition.

I think this is most likely an issue that PM is right about. Just as the translated bible has caused much debate. Translations are never perfect. With a translation, one must spend time studying commentaries on what the original words were and how they are used.

Any document is subject to different interpretations, even in the original language.

Furthermore, having some experience in historical documents I would aslo have to say that the same doucment is never viewed in the same manner by contemporaries of the writer and by readers now. That is because the cultural and historical bagage of the reader changes.

Hence in my opinion it is rather trivial if you read the arabic version of an historical document or the english translation. Unless you have a thorough historical background you will not get the subtleties anyway, and even if you have, you will probably not get them all.

spuriousmonkey said:
Any document is subject to different interpretations, even in the original language.

Unless you have a thorough historical background you will not get the subtleties anyway, and even if you have, you will probably not get them all
my worst reading experience, was reading "MacBeth", with the translation on the facing page, groups of words had diff meanings, depending on current usage, slang, ideas. "English, I knew thee not"

Islam Online is a hate site. I posted there for two years trying to refute the false information spread about Christianity and the US, but the site basically only exists to incite ill feelings between Muslims and non-Muslims.

Back