Bypass Row

Stryder

Keeper of "good" ideas.
Valued Senior Member
This is not so much a False science, as an outright conspiracy however I thought I would share it with you all in the Pseudo-section for you to perhaps ponder over.

Currently the local town I live in is attempting to get more business deals into the area, however the problem with the town is it only really has two directions for traffic to come from, one of which involves a particularly notorious road since it's only a Single carriage way.

The government suggestion is that the £28 million that it was originally preposed to cost in 1998, will now cost £56 million. The cost is a mixture of where the road is situated (across some rather marshy land) and because of changes in how the government is now attempting to "Overbudget" to stop itself from "Underquoting".

Where the conspiracy fits in however is how long they have been talking about "dualing" this particular road, or placing bypasses around certain "Traffic Hotspots" for years.

I realised that a government could quite happily put £28 million aside for such a project and create a "Long term investment". What I mean is the longer they hum & hah, the longer people dispute whether a road is needed or what contractors should be used, the More interest on the money sitting to one side builds up.

I've known of one village that has had a bypass on the cards for 30 years, and still they don't have one. 30 years interest on a £30 million project is going to be a silly amount of cash.

I really would love to know where all that interest goes.

Back