Bumper stickers

one_raven

God is a Chinese Whisper
Valued Senior Member
I was driving behind someone today with a bumper sticker that read, "The Ten Commandments Are NOT Multiple Choice".
I'm assuming he was a Christian, because a Muslim would not have that bumper sticker, and a Jew certainly wouldn't.
I wanted to run the bastard off the road.

First of all, the whole point of Christianity is that it is a New Covenant - augmenting the prior ones. It reminds me of Christians who condemn homosexuals, though Jesus never did, and quote the Old Testamant to bolster the argument.
If you don't fucking keep kosher, you don't beat your wife with a stick thinner than your thumb when she disobeys you, if you say the name of God, if you don't observe the Sabbath in the manner prescribed in Leviticus, if you or your churh has a cross, crucifix or painting/statue of Christian figures or other graven images (the list goes on and on) - keep your fucking hyopcritical mouth shut!

According to Jesus, there are SIX commandments:
NIV Matthew 16Now a man came up to Jesus and asked, "Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?"
17 "Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, obey the commandments."
18 "Which ones?" the man inquired.
Jesus replied, " 'Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not give false testimony, 19 honor your father and mother,'and 'love your neighbor as yourself.

Jesus also warend against judging others multiple times.

I want to go to CafePress and have a gross of bumper stickers printed that read:

NIV Matthew 6:5 "And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
And put it on the bumper of every car I see with a Christian message on it.
I could just go to the WalMart parking lot and finish off a box in an hour!

I also want to have lawn signs printed with the same message and replace every John 3:16 sign I can find with one.

If you love your religion, that's fine with me - I have no problem with that.
However, to advertize your supposed piety and display signs that place judgement on others is not only dispicable in general, it is in direct opposition to what Jesus taught.

Shove the lawn sign, bumper sticker and the bumper it's attached to up your hypocritical, sanctimonious, judgemental ass.

Thank you.

What does that mean?
I brown-nose Christians?
That doesn't even make sense.

Yes, there are actually Christians who maintain, without laughing, that because they murdered Jesus, they are now exempt from all Law.

Well, thank God that most people, even christians, are so Un-Educated that they do not even know their own Religious Doctrines. Most People who claim to believe every word of the Bible had, actually, never bothered to read it. Or if they had read it, they were not thoughtful enough to discern their Church's Doctrines out of it. Not many people are a Saint Augustine, the prick.

So people still intuit that Religion means that they should be good and law abiding. Even if their own most Central Doctrines call for Forgiveness, Salvation and a Free Pass into Heaven no matter what the Hell they do.

Perhaps the more appropriate Bumper Sticker from the Bible belt is one I have seen -- "I don't have to be good. I'm Forgiven"

And, honestly, Christians in America, and probably still a few in Britain, and maybe ten or fifteen on the Continent wonder why the Remainder of the World distrusts Christianity -- a Religion that does nothing to reinforce Righteousness, but expends all of its energy in assuring its Members that they can Sin for Free.

How could anybody then ever trust a Christian?
s

Back