Buddhist Anarchist

TheAcridApe

Mt. Monkey Resident
Registered Senior Member
http://www.bopsecrets.org/CF/garysnyder.htm This is true, anarchism and buddhism have a lot in common. Also "Buddhism
In contrast to many other religions, Buddhism is an atheistic belief system, or philosophy. While the Buddha is worshipped as lord by some Buddhist sects, most recognise the Buddha as a man and as a symbol for attainment of enlightenment. In many Buddhist scriptures, there is an anti-authoritarian attitude which encourages to question all authority and dogma and to trust your own judgement." from Wikipedia.. I believe in these ideas what about you guys?

you might like the book 'Dharma Punx' by noah levine. Very poorly written, but interesting none the less.....

TheAcridApe said:
http://www.bopsecrets.org/CF/garysnyder.htm This is true, anarchism and buddhism have a lot in common. Also "Buddhism
In contrast to many other religions, Buddhism is an atheistic belief system, or philosophy. While the Buddha is worshipped as lord by some Buddhist sects, most recognise the Buddha as a man and as a symbol for attainment of enlightenment. In many Buddhist scriptures, there is an anti-authoritarian attitude which encourages to question all authority and dogma and to trust your own judgement." from Wikipedia.. I believe in these ideas what about you guys?

Buddhism is not a belief system. It's a system of unbelief. In Monotheistic religions, you begin with faith and to build up your faith. In Buddhism you begin with doubt and continuously building up your doubt until you obtain this "great doubt" - a doubt about everything, including the concept of self and your own existence. I think to achieve enlightenment, you are required to doubt every belief, including the belief of unbelief.

I am not a buddhist so my knowledge is fallible.

Joeman said:
Buddhism is not a belief system. It's a system of unbelief. In Monotheistic religions, you begin with faith and to build up your faith. In Buddhism you begin with doubt and continuously building up your doubt until you obtain this "great doubt" - a doubt about everything, including the concept of self and your own existence. I think to achieve enlightenment, you are required to doubt every belief, including the belief of unbelief.

I am not a buddhist so my knowledge is fallible.
True yet some believe that it is a belief system. As it says there that Buddha is not a god yet to some Buddha is a god that they worship.

Back