Britain - crime and punishment

As far as i can see it was an accident, he has previously been in trouble for drink driving but theres no evidence of it this time, and it doesnt say if he was currently banned at the time or if its in his past but i presume in his past. He fled through lack of insurance which im sure can be verified, im sure i can reel off a bunch of justifiable words to discribe him for not stopping but i dont think i'd expect a scared person to do anything different since we're all selfish. Im more interested in if he'd have stopped if he'd had valid insurance to see just how much of a ****** he is?
I couldnt find where it says about the time of day of the accident etc. If he felt other people were around to help then most people would act the same selfish way if they have their own hides to save, if that was the case what more could he have done by stopping?
Dont get me wrong its hardly acceptable but it can be obvious and understandable why people act how they do and not everything is black and white, im not sure how harsh of a penalty you are expecting, i'd say he should be getting slightly more than this but without more facts its difficult to tell exactly how harsh to be.

previous ban for drunk driving, hit and run - killed someone.

make an example of him, instead of allowing him to make a mockery of the justice system, 18 months is an insult, to the dead woman and her family, as well as every other family of every other person killed on britains roads.

i hope someone sticks a knife in him in prison.

Back