Boolean exclusive OR: XOR

W

WildBlueYonder

Boolean exclusive OR: either Christianity is true or islam is true, not both
http://www.delphibasics.co.uk/RTL.asp?Name=Xor

Islam has it backwards, what is a martyr, an angel, an apostle, how do you submit to God, how do you practice fasting or prayer?

Examples on martyrdom from Christianity: Stephen from Acts of the Apostles 7:59-60:
While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.”
Then he fell on his knees and cried out, “Lord, do not hold this against them.”
When he said this, he fell asleep.
Examples on martyrdom from islam: It’s a bomb! read the papers, use your browser, it’s
backwards

Examples on fasting from Jesus from Matthew 6: 16-18:
“When you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do, for they disfigure their
faces to show men they are fasting. I tell you the truth, they have received their
reward in full. But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face, so that
it will not be obvious to men that you are fasting, but only to your Father, who is
unseen; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
Examples on fasting from islam: during Ramadan, muslims fast during the day, then feast
at night, read the papers, use your browser, if you don’t believe me it’s backwards

Examples on prayer from Jesus from Matthew 6: 5-8:
“And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing
in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth,
they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room,
close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who
sees what is done in secret, will reward you. And when you pray, do not keep
babbling like pagans, for they think they will be head because of their many
words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you
ask him.
Examples on prayer from islam: as one of the 5 pillars of islam, prayer is out in the open
5 times a day so that everyone must do it, it’s backwards

Examples on being sent by God from Jesus in Matthew 7: 15-16:
“Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly
they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick
grapes from thorn bushes, or figs from thistles?
Examples on being sent by doG from islam: it’s backwards

Examples on lying angels from Galatians 1: 6-9:
I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the
grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel – which is really no gospel
at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to
pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should
preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!
As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a
gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!
Examples of lying angels from islam: who is this Jibril, what is the quran, if not a false
gospel? it’s backwards

Examples from the Bible on prophethood from Deuteronomy 18:21-22:
You may say to yourselves, “How can we know when a message has not been
spoken by the LORD?” If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the LORD
does not take place or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken.
That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him.
Examples from islam on prophethood: want to marry your daughter-in-law, why as a
false prophet, you can make the quran say anything you want, just ask Ayesha
complain about Mohammad’s quran. it’s backwards
http://derafsh-kaviyani.com/english/women2.html

Examples on apostles from Jesus from Matthew 4: 18-19:
As Jesus was walking beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon
called Peter and his brother Andrew. They were casting a net into the lake, for
they were fishermen. “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will make you fishers
of men.”
Examples on apostles from islam: Mohammad called by Jibril, a lying angel (known to average
people as a demon ), then confirmed by his wife (how did she know what’s true?),
it’s backwards

Examples of who Jesus is from Peter before the Sanhedrin in Acts of the Apostles
4:10-12:
Then know this, you and all the people of Israel: It is by the name of Jesus Christ
of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this
man stands before you healed. He is
“ ‘the stone you builders rejected,
which has become the capstone’
Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to
men by which we are saved.”
Examples of who Jesus is from islam: a muslim prophet, didn’t die on the cross for the
forgiveness of sins. Why different from Christianity? because it’s backwards

Examples from Jesus on believers from Matthew 7: 13-14:
“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that
leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow
the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
Examples from islam on believers: go to war against nonbelievers, force conversions by
the point of a sword, it’s backwards

Examples from Paul on temptation from 2 Corinthians 12: 7-9:
To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great
revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from satan, to
torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he
said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in
weakness.”
Examples from Mohammad on temptation: wants to marry a 6 year old kid? why as a
false prophet, you can make the quran say anything you want, do anything you
want. Why? Because it’s backwards

Examples of the crucifixion from Matthew 27: 35-40:
When they had crucified him, they divided up his clothes by casting lots. And
sitting down, they kept watch over him there. Above his head they placed the
written charge against him: THIS IS JESUS, KING OF THE JEWS. Two robbers
were crucified with him, one on his right and one on his left. Those who passed
by hurled insults at him, shaking their heads and saying, “You who would
destroy the temple and build it in three days, save yourself! Come down from the
cross, if you are the Son of God!”
Examples of the crucifixion from islam: never happened, doG put someone else on the
cross, that looked like Jesus, read the quran it’s backwards

Examples from Paul on joy from Philippians 4: 4-5:
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.
Examples from islam on joy: you’ve already heard about the reaction to 9/11 at the
refugee camps, it’s backwards
http://www.ourenemies.org/9-11.htm

Examples of what Heaven is like from Jesus in Matthew 22: 29-30:
Jesus replied, “ You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God.
At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.”
Examples of what heaven is like from islam: you’ve already heard about the 70 virgins,
right? Hmmm, virgins, now what do you suppose they are needed for? it’s backwards

Examples of the beast in Revelation 13: 18:
This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the
beast, for it is man’s number. His number is 666.
Examples of the beast in islam: the dragon is Jibril, the beast is Mohammad

Examples of the abomination that causes desolation from Matthew 24: 15:
“So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’
spoken of through the prophet Daniel – let the reader understand
Examples of the abomination that causes desolation from islam: muslims take Jerusalem
in 638, build the Al-Aqsa Mosque over the Jewish Temple mount. it’s backwards

Examples on God’s name from the Bible Exodus 3: 14:
God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM, This is what you are to say to the
Israelites, ‘I AM has sent me to you’ “
Examples on doG’s name from islam: Did God forget his name? who is this allah? Why
did doG change his name? Because it’s backwards

How many muslims will make it to heaven? None, only Christian muslims, those that have submitted to Christ.

What would Mohammad do? Why fight, rape, war, murder, read the quran & the Hadiths, if you don’t believe me, .

A typical muslim is backwards, they are milsum. So that’s what muslims practice, backwards Christianity!

What is heaven like? Who is God? If you’re not a Christian, you’ll never know the truth.

Originally posted by Randolfo
Examples on lying angels from Galatians 1: 6-9:
I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel – which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned! Examples of lying angels from islam: who is this Jibril, what is the quran, if not a false gospel? it’s backwards

Uh - Randolfo? Jibril and Gabriel are one and the same. You know Gabriel - the one who told Mary that she would bear the Son of God? Oh yeah, now I see what you mean about that lying angel thing.... :rolleyes:

"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thorn bushes, or figs from thistles?

Hmmmm...this sheep theme sounds familiar...but speaking of fruits, do sons of God destroy fig trees for failing to bear fruit out of season?

Examples on apostles from Jesus from Matthew 4: 18-19:
As Jesus was walking beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon called Peter and his brother Andrew. They were casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will make you fishers of men.”

Think about what it means to be a fisher of men. What happens to fish when they're caught in the fisherman's net? Do you think this is something they look forward to? Do you think fish feel lucky to have been chosen for this honor? Or do you think maybe they wished they had been the ones who got away?

Examples of who Jesus is from Peter before the Sanhedrin in Acts of the Apostles 4:10-12:
Then know this, you and all the people of Israel: It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed. He is “ ‘the stone you builders rejected, which has become the capstone’ Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we are saved.”

Jesus is the stumblingblock that God promised to lay before his people (see Jeremiah 6:21 and Ezekiel 3:20, for example). But God also promised to take up the stumblingblock out of the way of his people who put their trust in him. Oh, and by the way, God also prohibits you from putting a stumblingblock before the blind (see Leviticus 19:14), so quit proselytizing already.

Examples from Jesus on believers from Matthew 7: 13-14:
“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. Examples from islam on believers: go to war against nonbelievers, force conversions by the point of a sword, it’s backwards

Given the violent and bloody history of Christianity, this finger-pointing would actually be funny if it wasn't so tragic. Oh, and that broad path that leads to the wide gate? Just why would a path need to be broad, or a gate wide, if not to accommodate many, many travelers? I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that approximately 1/3 of the world's population is Christian - how broad is that path?

Examples of the beast in Revelation 13: 18:
This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man’s number. His number is 666.

Oh goodie, fun with numbers...speaking of numerology, the numerical value of Jehovah is 543. The Kabbalists say that Satan is Jehovah reversed, or 345. 543 + 345 = 888, which is the Gnostic number of Jesus Christ, who with name and title turns out to be both God and Satan! Who'd a thunk it? :D

Examples on God’s name from the Bible Exodus 3: 14:
God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM, This is what you are to say to the Israelites, ‘I AM has sent me to you’ “ Examples on doG’s name from islam: Did God forget his name? who is this allah? Why

Shame on you, changing God's name like that! The correct phrase is "I AM THAT I AM." This is clearly a different concept than "I AM WHO I AM."

You know what they say about people who live in glass houses, Randolfo. :rolleyes:

Re: Re: Boolean exclusive OR: XOR

Originally posted by Nehushta
Uh - Randolfo? Jibril and Gabriel are one and the same. You know Gabriel - the one who told Mary that she would bear the Son of God? Oh yeah, now I see what you mean about that lying angel thing.... :rolleyes:
you're so funny, Jibril is satan in disguise, allah is satan. Jibril is not Gabriel, ask an arab to translate the name "Mighty Man of God" into arabic, if its not Gabriel, its not right. Jesus is not 'Issa' either, it's Yahshua and God's name is the four letters YHWH (pronounced Yahweh)
to bad you didn't know that already

:rolleyes:

Re: Re: Boolean exclusive OR: XOR

Originally posted by Nehushta

Oh goodie, fun with numbers...speaking of numerology, the numerical value of Jehovah is 543. The Kabbalists say that Satan is Jehovah reversed, or 345. 543 + 345 = 888, which is the Gnostic number of Jesus Christ, who with name and title turns out to be both God and Satan! Who'd a thunk it? :D
Jehovah is a german tranlation with the vowels of Adonai (Lord in Hebrew) & the constonents from the four letters YHWH (pronounced Yahweh) what's that number mister?

Shame on you, changing God's name like that! The correct phrase is "I AM THAT I AM." This is clearly a different concept than "I AM WHO I AM."
argue with the NIV, art thou stilleth useth thee King James Versioneth?

You know what they say about people who live in glass houses, Randolfo. :rolleyes:
yeah, you paid too much! No?, how about roll down the blinds at night? Ah, how about this California you fool, buy a concrete & steel structure!

Randolfo - You ought to be ashamed of yourself, you cheap bigot.

Boolean exclusive OR: either Christianity is true or islam is true, not both
You forgot "neither", but that's understandable in terms of the scope of the debate.
Examples on martyrdom from Christianity: Stephen from Acts of the Apostles 7:59-60:
While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.”
Then he fell on his knees and cried out, “Lord, do not hold this against them.”
When he said this, he fell asleep.
Examples on martyrdom from islam: It’s a bomb! read the papers, use your browser, it’s
backwards
Who are you to say it's backwards? You're using the old version of the revelations of God. Islam is newer. It's updated.

Think of it this way: George W. Bush is not the only American Christian who would rather strike back until aggression ceases (e.g. Islam) than turn the other cheek (e.g. Christianity).

Christianity doesn't work. The newer version of the Abramic revelation has its bugs, true. But we cannot pretend for a minute that the programs were run on similar systems; such direct comparison is not valid.
Examples on prayer from islam: as one of the 5 pillars of islam, prayer is out in the open
5 times a day so that everyone must do it, it’s backwards
Islam is more communal. It's a different structure.
“Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly
they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick
grapes from thorn bushes, or figs from thistles"
That's why televangelism is a multibillion-dollar industry in the U.S. of A.
I see nothing but derision and arrogance by a Christian advocate as an example of something about Islam. I'm not sure you really want to present yourself as that kind of an example.
Examples from islam on prophethood: want to marry your daughter-in-law, why as a
false prophet, you can make the quran say anything you want, just ask Ayesha
complain about Mohammad’s quran. it’s backwards
Yes, that was a scholarly article without a hint of hatred.

I tell you, Randolfo, these sorts of issues would be much easier to deal with if they were founded by honest concerns and not bigotry.
Examples on apostles from islam: Mohammad called by Jibril, a lying angel (known to average
people as a demon )
Are you really sure you want to rely on "average" people? Consider American electoral politics; people despise politicians but elect more of the same brand; people decry the shallow, oversexed, commercialized glitz but rush to buy Britney and Justin's albums; people decry sex and violence in movies but don't buy a whole lot of tickets to films that lack these things; people lament crime and violence, yet choose selfishly and contribute excessively to lack and desire in the world.

Beyond that, let's hop over to Davidson's Dictionary of Angels:
Jibril (Jabriel, JJabril, Jibra'il, Jabriyel, Abruel)--the name of Gabriel in Koranic Scripture. As Jibra'il in Arabic rites of exorcism, he is regarded as a guardian angel. (Rf. Hughes, A Dictionary of Islam, "Angels.") In Persian lore, Jibril is Bahram, "the mightiest of all the angels"; also "Serosh teh message-bringer." (Rf. The Dabistan, pp. 127, 379.)

Gabriel ("God is my strength")--one of the 2 highest-ranking angels in Judaeo-Chrstian and Mohammedan religious lore. He is the angel of annunciation, resurrection, mercy, vengeance, death, reveleation. Apart from Michael, he is the only angel mentioned by name in the Old Testament--unless we include among the Old Testament books the Book of Tobit, usually considered apocryphal, in which case Raphael, who appears there, becomes the 3rd-named angel in Scripture (but see Gustav Davidson's article "The Named Angels in Scripture," wherein no less than 7 angels are named). Gabriel presides over Paradise, and although he is the ruling prince of the 1st Heaven, he is said to sit on the left-hand side of God (whose dwelling is popularly believed to be the 7th Heaven, or the 10th Heaven). Mohammed claimed it was Gabriel (Jibril in Islamic) of the "140 pairs of wings" who dictated to him the Koran, sura by sura. To the Mohammedans, Gabriel is the spirit of truth. In Jewish legend it was Gabriel who dealt death and destruction to the sinful cities of the plain (Sodom and Gommorah among them). And it was Gabriel who, according to Talmud Sanhedrin 95b, smote Sennacherib's hosts "with a sharpened scythe which had been ready since Creation." Elsewhere in Talmud it is Gabriel who, it is said, prevented Queen Vashti from appearing naked before King Ahasuerus and his guests in order to bring about the election of Esther in her place. In Daniel 8, Daniel falls on his face before Gabriel to learn the meaning of the encounter between the ram and the he-goat. The incident ius pictured in a woodcut in the famous Cologne Bible. Cabalists identify Gabriel as "the man clothed in linen" (Ezekiel 9, 10 ff°). In Daniel 10-11 this man clothed in linen is helped by Michael. In rabbinic literature, Gabriel is the prince of justice (Rf. Cordovero, Palm Tree of Deborah, p. 56.) Origen in De Principiis I, 81, calls Gabriel the angel of war. Jerome equates Gabriel with Hamon (q.v.). According to Milton (Pardise Lost IV, 549) Gabriel is chief of the angelic guards placed over Paradise. As for the incident of the 3 holy men (Hananiah, Mishael, Azariah) who were rescued from the furnace, it was Gabriel, according to Jewish legend, who performed this miracle. Other sources credit Michael. Gabriel is likewise identified as the man-God-angel who wrestled with Jacob at Peniel, although Michael, Uriel, Metatron, Samael, and Chamuel have also been put forward as "the dark antagonist". Rembrandt did a canvas of the celebrated encounter. A Mohammedan legend, growing out of the Koran, sura 20, 88, relates that when the dust from the hoofprints of Gabriel's horse was thrown into the mouth of the Golden Calf, the Calf at once became animated. According to the Encyclopaedia of Islam I, 502, Mohammed confused Gabriel with the Holy Ghost--a confusion understandable or explainable by virtue of the conflicting accounts in Matthew 1:20 and Luke 1:26 where, in the 1st instance, it is the Holy Ghost that begets Mary with Child and, in the 2nd instance, it is Gabriel who "came in unto her," and also then informs her that she "had found favor with the Lord" and "would conceive in her womb." In Bamberger's Fallen Angels, p. 109, quoting a Babylonian legend, Gabriel once fell into disgrace "for not obeying a command exactly as given, and remained for a while outside the heavenly Curtain." During this period the guardian angel of Persia, Dobiel, acted as Gabriel's proxy. The name Gabriel is of Chaldean origin and was unknown to the Jews prior to the Captivity. In the original listing of 119 angels of the Parsees, Gabriel's name is missing. Gabriel is the preceptor angel of Joseph. In Midrash Eleh Ezkerah, Gabriel figures in the tale of the legendary 10 Martyrs (Jewish sages). One of these 10, Rabbi Ishmael ascends to Heaven and asks Gabriel why they merit death. Gabriel replies that they are atoning for the sin of the 10 sons of Jacob who sold Joseph into slavery. According to the court testimony of Joan of Arc, it was Gabriel who inspired her to go to the succor of the King of France. In more recent times, Gabriel figures as the angel who visited Father George Rapp, leader of the 2nd Advent community in New Harmony, Indiana, and left his footprint on a limestone slab preserved in the yard of the Maclure-Owen residence in that city. Longfellow's The Golden Legend makes Gabriel the angel of the moon who brings man the gift of hope. There are innumerable paintings by the masters of the Annunciation with Gabriel pictured as the angel who brings the glad tidings to Mary. Word-pictures of the event, in rhyme, are rare. One of these is by the 17th century English poet, Richard Crashaw. The quatrain is from Steps to the Temple: "Heavens Golden-winged Herald, late hee saw / To a poor Galilean virgin sent. / How low the Bright Youth bow'd, and with what awe / Immortall flowers to her faire hand present."
- Davidson, Gustav. A Dictionary of Angels Including the Fallen Angels. New York: Free Press, 1967.

° Note on Ezekiel - I have some research to do in order to figure out exactly what he's referring to; were I a better student of the Bible, I could easily tell you. But the Ezekiel citation, as it appears in Davidson's text, reads (Exekiel 9, 10 ff), and is notably different from other Biblical citations.

The citations are taken from pages 118 - 119 ("Gabriel") and 159 ("Jibril").

Perhaps you could give us some insight into the average person's regard that Gabriel is a demon?
Why different from Christianity? because it’s backwards
That's ... logical.

And I'm being sarcastic. You have a point if we operate according to the erroneous notion that Christianity is somehow "forward".
Examples from Mohammad on temptation: wants to marry a 6 year old kid? why as a
false prophet, you can make the quran say anything you want, do anything you
want. Why? Because it’s backwards
Your utter lack of objectivity detracts from the credibility of your interpretation. Having displayed such bigotry as you have, why should I or anyone else trust your propagandous interpretation?

Not everything is as simple as it seems. There was a contentious debate here at Sciforums on that very subject, Aisha. It seemed very difficult for people to get a clear grasp of values from a time and place they do not know. While it seems strange even to me, I don't pretend to live in that time and understand the way things worked insofar as I will not assign my modern, western values to Mohammed. If I do not understand his purpose, that's my problem. If you do not understand his purpose, that's yours.
Examples of the crucifixion from islam: never happened, doG put someone else on the
cross, that looked like Jesus, read the quran it’s backwards
Perhaps you might put the appearance of your bigotry to rest: Why should anyone give any more credibility to the Bible than the Quran?
Examples from islam on joy: you’ve already heard about the reaction to 9/11 at the
refugee camps, it’s backwards
I might as well cite Joseph Kony and the Lord's Resistance Army, a Ugandan rebel group dedicated to bringing the Ten Commandments to law. In the meantime, we might look to the joy of orgasm as the LRA makes sex slaves out of children.

But that would be as exploitative and narrowminded as your examples, Randolfo.
Examples of what heaven is like from islam: you’ve already heard about the 70 virgins,
right? Hmmm, virgins, now what do you suppose they are needed for? it’s backwards
It's a better existence than any description of Christian heaven I've ever heard.
Show us the symbolic progression. If it's so obvious, substantiating at least one of your spiteful comparisons should be simple.
Examples of the abomination that causes desolation from islam: muslims take Jerusalem
in 638, build the Al-Aqsa Mosque over the Jewish Temple mount. it’s backwards
At this point, the phrase "it's backwards" isn't so much empty and overused as it is completely irrelevant. No, Randolfo, repeating it ceaselessly does not make it true except in your own obvious spite.

What's "backwards"?
Examples on doG’s name from islam: Did God forget his name? who is this allah? Why
At this point you're rambling so emptily that you'll have to do a better job filling us in on what you're referring to.
What would Mohammad do? Why fight, rape, war, murder, read the quran & the Hadiths, if you don’t believe me,
Read some history about the development of Islam and the environment in which Mohammed worked if you don't understand why. It's not that hard to figure out.
A typical muslim is backwards, they are milsum . So that’s what muslims practice, backwards Christianity!
Did your parents teach you this kind of childish hatred, or is it something you had to work to achieve?
What is heaven like? Who is God? If you’re not a Christian, you’ll never know the truth.
Ah, yes. There is that.

When your fantasies dominate your perception so thickly as your pathetic bigotry reveals, you may wish to consider the merits of professional assistance. Seriously, do you really believe this pus or are you just trying to make a sick parody of the Christian sacrifice of the intellect?

Re: Randolfo - You ought to be ashamed of yourself, you cheap bigot.

Originally posted by tiassa
You forgot "neither", but that's understandable in terms of the scope of the debate.Who are you to say it's backwards? You're using the old version of the revelations of God. Islam is newer. It's updated.
mr. objective, "neither" huh? thanks for the sarcasm, NOT!

When your fantasies dominate your perception so thickly as your pathetic bigotry reveals, you may wish to consider the merits of professional assistance.
mr. objective, are you a doctor?

Seriously, do you really believe this pus or are you just trying to make a sick parody of the Christian sacrifice of the intellect?
mr. objective, I suppose you are the authority on all things logical?

You're already running on empty?

mr. objective, "neither" huh?
Yes. We must account for the possibility.
mr. objective, are you a doctor?
No, Randolfo, one need not be a doctor in order to realize that the presumptions of reality which must be fulfilled in order for the conditions of your rant to be true are in fact quite removed from reality.
mr. objective, I suppose you are the authority on all things logical?
No, Randolfo, but one need not be God in order to see the gross and angry illogic motivating that bigoted excuse for a topic post.

It's ... really not that hard to figure out.

Really ... do you actually believe the bile in that topic post?

Re: Randolfo - You ought to be ashamed of yourself, you cheap bigot.

I tell you, Randolfo, these sorts of issues would be much easier to deal with if they were founded by honest concerns and not bigotry.

But that would be as exploitative and narrowminded as your examples, Randolfo.

What's "backwards"?At this point you're rambling so emptily that you'll have to do a better job filling us in on what you're referring to.Read some history about the development of Islam and the environment in which Mohammed worked if you don't understand why. It's not that hard to figure out.Did your parents teach you this kind of childish hatred, or is it something you had to work to achieve?Ah, yes. There is that.

Seriously, do you really believe this pus or are you just trying to make a sick parody of the Christian sacrifice of the intellect?
Let's see, last time we met, you were anti-Christian, hmmm still looks like it to me. since when are you so PC that you feel like defending islam? or is it that it's ABC, which makes it ok? (Anything But Christianity)

Re: You're already running on empty?

It's ... really not that hard to figure out.

Really ... do you actually believe the bile in that topic post?
to quote you, ‘do you really believe’ the bile you spew out? oh yeah, you must, it's ABC!

Randolfo

Let's see, last time we met, you were anti-Christian, hmmm still looks like it to me. since when are you so PC that you feel like defending islam?
As I've expressed before, I'll worry about discussing Islam's problems when I feel the current discussion of Islam's problems is one worth having. Your brand of two-bit bigotry does nobody any good.
or is it that it's ABC, which makes it ok? (Anything But Christianity)
No. It's something you seem to have trouble understanding.

What crushes me, though, is I can't figure out why you devote so much time advocating Christianity. I mean, it's not like you're a Christian or anything.

I'd be fascinated to hear that tale. No foolin'. Without sarcasm. Seriously, I'd love to know the backstory there.

Examples on prayer from Jesus from Matthew 6: 5-8:
“And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. And when you pray, do not keep babbling like pagans, for they think they will be head because of their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

Examples on prayer from islam: as one of the 5 pillars of islam, prayer is out in the open 5 times a day so that everyone must do it, it’s backwards

Tell that to the Christians who insist on foisting their Christian prayers on everyone within earshot during non-religious public gatherings, in total disregard for the religious beliefs of others who are forced to sit there in silence and endure it.

I recently attended a professional convention, which was also attended by representatives from China, as well as the U.S. and Canada. I was shocked when, on the first day, the entire group was subjected to a Christian invocation! I was both amazed and embarrassed by the presumptuousness of the man behind the podium! I wonder what the Chinese delegation thought of that bizarre little performance? I'll bet they had no idea the U.S. was a theocracy. :rolleyes:

So ... anyway ... no foolin'

Tell that to the Christians who insist on foisting their Christian prayers on everyone within earshot during non-religious public gatherings, in total disregard for the religious beliefs of others who are forced to sit there in silence and endure it.
So ... anyway ... no foolin'. It has been related to me that my father's girlfriend's landlord has asked her to move out because he feels she is living in sin.

They're going to be accommodating; they're getting a nicer place. But still ....

I mean, phack!

Re: So ... anyway ... no foolin'

my father's girlfriend's landlord has asked her to move out
because he feels she is living in sin.
was he on the lease or rental agreement? if 'no', then they have to move out, if 'yes', then he should fight it

They're going to be accommodating; they're getting a nicer place. But still ....

good for them

Re: Randolfo

As I've expressed before, I'll worry about discussing Islam's problems when I feel the current discussion of Islam's problems is one worth having. Your brand of two-bit bigotry does nobody any good.No. It's something you seem to have trouble understanding.

What crushes me, though, is I can't figure out why you devote so much time advocating Christianity. I mean, it's not like you're a Christian or anything.

I'd be fascinated to hear that tale. No foolin'. Without sarcasm. Seriously, I'd love to know the backstory there.

Tiassa,

Long time no talk, sad part of mr. Randolfo's posts and ideas is that he doesn't even get response from anyone, I mean people don't even read his threadw, well probably some times, I am guilty of doing it. It is a great amusement to me. Seems like he/she is trying to by pass KalvinB in logic, however Kalvin did try to produce some arguments some times, but the guy fell.

Interesting to see that you took a shot at him and got him all confuse now. He starts to agreeing with you. lol. ha

So Randalfo when do we expect your replies?? when are you going to tell us your tail. lol

As for Moon God Myth and the origins of it and this so called claim by so called christians, here is the link which will explain it all.

http://www.themodernreligion.com/comparative/christ/christ_moongod.htm

I don't like copying and pasting big articles. It will show the origins of all the topics and will answer all the questions, however I doubt that he will read it. Because he is not here to learn.

Enjoy

Above linked seemed to be broken. So, here is the mirror link.

http://bismikaallahuma.org/Polemics/moongod.htm

http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Quran/Sources/Allah/moongod.html

Last edited:
tiassa said:
that hurt, very much, since people are suppose to see 'Jesus' in us, & maybe you saw only 'Peter'. I guess I'm not 'turn the other cheek' enough for you? sorry for failing you Tiassa, but you just have to accept me as I am, just as I do to you. (we both have the right to argue, if we don't agree with each other). anyway, as long as God accepts me, that's what counts

Actually, I'm still not sure if you are serious, that's why I've waited so long to respond, but here it is anyway:

I was born into a Mexican Catholic family, with its amulets, superstition, idols, etc... At 17 I left the Catholic church (St. Gertrude's in Bell Gardens, Ca), over the doctrine of the Trinity, since I could not understand how 3 could be 1 & so, I apparently wasted years of Catholic HS & catechism (several churches & schools), to explore what I thought was the original, Judaism (Temple Ner Tamid in Downey, Ca), since I thought that Catholicism was too pagan (my old Air Force dog tags say "Jewish").

At 30 y.o., I came back, after years of indifference & some searching (because I still had many ‘why’ questions, like why did conciseness evolve?, why did modern humans start to invent only about 20 thousand y.o., not 100 thousand to our dawn as a species? why did we seen to have a need for ‘spiritually? I was looking for a spark & think I found it, “God”.

I chose Christianity because I had still seen many Christian ideas & prophecies in the Torah (like, who does God talk to at creation? What does ‘make in our image, in our likeness’ mean? Why is the word ‘Elohim” used, if it’s a plural word? (the rabbi’s answer of ‘royal we’ didn’t satisfy me)) & had started to read sci-fi (which explores different understandings of reality & many ‘what ifs’ ) years earlier & I seriously explored JW, SDA, & evangelical Christianity, (& also met LDS, Church Universal &Triumphant & muslim proponents at that time too, though I didn't take them seriously). I've had black Judaism, black Islam, islam, apostolic, mormonism, new age, Hinduism, Buddhism & shamanism explained in general, to fine detail to me, in person by practitioners (either to convert me or just friends & acquaintances telling me what they were into), to reading up on it on my own.

I also asked myself, why do we have a part of our brain that seems to communicate with God? And would we ever have enough information from this “God module” to figure out all of God's plans for us? Why does it seem that we have a hole that needs to be filled by spiritual things, like a jigsaw puzzle piece is missing? My contention is that only the Holy Spirit can fill it, but something like mormonism, islam, etc, seem to fit, it’s not just right but close enough to satisfy most people trapped there, if they push, tap or hammer it in.

I am an evangelical Christian, because I believe that the Bible is true & that Jesus is the answer to all my questions. I usually respond to statements by cults, islam that are in error because I can not let people that are in error state lies as the truth. If anyone comes after Jesus & claims things other than what are in the Gospels, then it’s on them to prove that they really are the next prophetic movement. See Paul’s statement in Galatians 1: 6-9.

I believe God answered my question about the Trinity; where a multidimensional, multitime God, looks to us humans pretty much so alien, that we needed a word to explain the concept & what we saw. I believe that all my life experiences led to that point, to shake my understanding of both logic & science, and see beyond the reality to the truth.

Back