Bombs and guns useless?

thecurly1

Registered Senior Member
I read something about a fiction book that explored the possibility of an experiment gone awry that would alter all nitrates, which is the base componet in all explosives, big and small. The world's arms would then be useless.

What do you think would happen after that?

Originally posted by thecurly1
I read something about a fiction book that explored the possibility of an experiment gone awry that would alter all nitrates, which is the base componet in all explosives, big and small. The world's arms would then be useless.

The defense industry stocks will soar.

There will be lots of R&D money.

There are many other ways to make weapons and explosives. You can make super fast projectiles with combination of electric and magnetic field. (As Lorenz force equation shows) That is how rail gun works. You can make beam weapons with better battery technology. There are other chemicals that can be used as explosives, but most are less stable.

we'd be down for a week until they found a way to fix it. LOL just like everything else.

it would be nice though. im not anti gun. no no no. but i think that they are poor weapons. Atleast a few hundred years ago, when they used swords and knives there was skill involved. now any skinny boy with agression can use it as unlimited power.

but.... we are too lazy for work and skill.

This was in the book The Trigger? Very cool novel.

I think if all guns and bombs were rendered useless as in that book, those nations with massive populations could suddenly develop outward, beomcing the world's new superpowers based on population numbers alone.

My rail-gun uses no explosives! :D
Nor does my long sword.
So, I think I will use the opportunity to get power. or something
or make some more coffe.
dunno

I guess we would see more widespread use of chemical weapons and such, particularly against forces of the expanding high-population nations.

that would be yet another impulse for science to advance even faster

a great impulse

they would use laser guns. but seriously, i think they would find a substitute

Back