Blood Sports

Should blood sports be banned?

• Total voters
what do you concider to be a blood sport?
For instance if you concider boxing to be then would juedo be a blood sport because its a full contact martial arts sport? what about greko roman wresling? ect

what do you concider to be a blood sport?

is hunting a blood sport?

According to Wikipedia:

"Bloodsport or blood sport is any sport or entertainment that involves violence against animals.

Bloodsport includes coursing or beagling, combat sports such as cockfighting, or other activities. These usually involve blood being drawn, and often result in the death of one or more animals."

And, yes, they should be banned.

Any person or culture who kills animals for entertainment is pure, concentrated, formed scum. That includes all hunters who shoot animals for fun and not to eat.

some blood sports I have issues with, some I don't.

bull fighting, dog fighting, fox hunting...those I have issues with.

Horse fighting (2 males in the presence of an in-heat female) and cock fighting (with no spur enhancements), I don't have much of an issue with. Then the animals are doing what comes naturally while humans sit back and watch. I find it odd that they would want to watch, but then I have TV, so...
and with horse/cock fighting, I understand the loser gets eaten. Correct?

I would be against blood sports involving animals, because animals cannot explicitly express consent; and since we are not going to be eating them, there is no good reason to let them kill each other.

However, blood sports between people (like, say, gladiator games!) would be great entertainment, and entirely legitimate (consensual).

I would be against blood sports involving animals, because animals cannot explicitly express consent; and since we are not going to be eating them, there is no good reason to let them kill each other.

However, blood sports between people (like, say, gladiator games!) would be great entertainment, and entirely legitimate (consensual).

I agree.

Yes they should be banned, killing animals for sheer pleasure or forcing animals to kill each other is sick and disturbing.

Any person or culture who kills animals for entertainment is pure, concentrated, formed scum. That includes all hunters who shoot animals for fun and not to eat.
Are you a vegetarian? The vast majority of people in the developed world who eat meat rather than meeting their nutritional needs via non-meat sources are doing so because eating meet is fun.

since we are not going to be eating them, there is no good reason to let them kill each other.

That isn't necessarily the case; the killed animals in many bloodspots are eaten. For example the bulls killed in bullfighting are not only consumed, but prized as gourmet food. The testicles in particular are highly sought after.

Are you a vegetarian? The vast majority of people in the developed world who eat meat rather than meeting their nutritional needs via non-meat sources are doing so because eating meet is fun.

No, it just tastes good. :)

Back