Blood diseases only women can receive

Mjölner

Registered Member
Could someone please tell me about any blood diseases that only happen to women? I need to explain why they only happen to women, but I don't even know of any diseases that do.

Thanks!

Anemia is much more common in females since they experience a period of blood lose every month. In fact, some males have the opposite problem: haemochromatosis. Which is an excess of iron often due to a genetic condition. Pre-menopausal females almost never suffer from this disease and, in fact, the same gene that cause haemochromatosis in men can serve to prevent anemia in pre-menopausal females.

im assuming he\she means INFECTIOUS blood bourne disese mad. not diseases of the blood

btw anemia is not ONLY a female disease. for starters thats just one form of anemia and even that form is only more likly to effect women, its not exclusive to women

Anemia is much more common in females since they experience a period of blood lose every month. In fact, some males have the opposite problem: haemochromatosis. Which is an excess of iron often due to a genetic condition. Pre-menopausal females almost never suffer from this disease and, in fact, the same gene that cause haemochromatosis in men can serve to prevent anemia in pre-menopausal females.

It maybe more common in females but it is not unique to females.

im assuming he\she means INFECTIOUS blood bourne disese mad. not diseases of the blood

btw anemia is not ONLY a female disease. for starters thats just one form of anemia and even that form is only more likly to effect women, its not exclusive to women

If the poster intended only infectious blood diseases that should have been stated. I dont't think such a disease yet exists. The only major differences between the sexs is sex. So the disease would have to be something that is related to the reproductive process.

not nessarly, there are more biological differences not to mention social differences between the sexes. look at HIV1 which tends to infect men more than women, HIV2 is the reverse. then there are the epidemological stats which suggest lots of diseases effect the genders improportionally

Could someone please tell me about any blood diseases that only happen to women? I need to explain why they only happen to women, but I don't even know of any diseases that do.

Thanks!

Uh yeah, the OP said "ONLY WOMEN".

Back