Bleak Gordimer? I'm there ....

Tiassa

Let us not launch the boat ...
Valued Senior Member
Gordimer looks toward end (BBC)
Nobel prize-winning author Nadine Gordimer has a bleak outlook for the future in her latest book of short stories.

The new collection - entitled Loot - from the South African writer, who is now 80, contains 10 stories, focusing on idealism, greed and death.

Karma, the last of these, sees Gordimer questioning the very nature of existence itself.

"It's because I'm getting so old," she told BBC World Service's The Ticket programme, which is broadcast on Saturday.
Oh ... did I mention that our bleak Nobel laureate is an atheist?

Hell, yes, I'm going to find this book and read it. End of story. A Nobel-laureate atheist mulling the nature of existence? This I gotta see. I hope it's as enlightening as it seems to promise.

But since there's a possibility that I can get some of what I ask of our Sciforums atheists willingly offered by a Nobel laueate?

At any rate, perhaps I do ask a weighty task of my posting mates. I'll know more about that after reading this latest offering from Gordimer. But I thought it worth pointing out, since I've been harping on similar points elsewhere.

:m:,
Tiassa :cool:

Back