Blair to teach on faith and globalization

Tiassa

Let us not launch the boat ...
Valued Senior Member
Source: BBC News
Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7284494.stm
Title: "Blair to teach in the US on faith"
Date: March 7, 2008

Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair has been appointed the Howland Distinguished Fellow at Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut. Mr. Blair will lead a seminar on faith and globalization:

The prestigious Connecticut university said the work was related to Mr Blair's Faith Foundation which will be launched later this year ....

.... Yale president Richard C Levin said Mr Blair's appointment was a "tremendous opportunity" for the university.

He said: "As the world continues to become increasingly inter-dependent, it is essential that we explore how religious values can be channelled toward reconciliation rather than polarisation.

"Mr Blair has demonstrated outstanding leadership in these areas and is especially qualified to bring his perspective to bear."

(BBC)

Blair, a recent convert to Roman Catholicism, is launching this year the Tony Blair Faith Foundation which, according to a Yale press release, "will promote understanding between the major faiths and increase understanding of the role of faith in the modern world." Additionally, Blair will serve as a Quartet Representative to the Middle East peace process, "helping the Palestinians to prepare for statehood as part of the international community’s effort to secure peace". Add to that the notion that he just led his country to war entirely on faith, and he would seem uniquely suited for the Yale opportunity.

I admit, though, of all the terms I would have used to describe Tony Blair, "deeply religious" had not occurred to me.

LOL

Tony Blair is a servant of the beast, just because he changes his role makes no differance.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Back