Bizarre tale from NW: Jesus stops rape

Tiassa

Let us not launch the boat ...
Valued Senior Member
The Power Of Prayer
January 24, 2003
By John Sharify

TACOMA - "I want the guy off the streets I don't want him to do it to anybody else," says the attack victim.

More than anything she wants the attempted rapist to be caught, that's why she's talking to the media.

She says she wants to help in any way she can with the investigation.

She says "I'm jumping at shadows. Every time I turn around I close my eyes. It doesn't matter what I am doing, I see it, and it see this guy all over again."

This woman came so close to being raped last week in her own home. But she started praying and the the attempted rapist changed his mind.

"He said 'are you a Christian?' and I said 'yes I am a Christian.' He asked me again 'are you really a Christian?' And I said 'yes' and stated the church that I go to."

That's when her would-be attacker did an about face.

"He leaned forward with his right hand extended and shook my hand and said 'I'm sorry' and turned started to walk out the bedroom door. Then he turned and looked back around and looked at me and said 'next time lock your doors.' "

Even though he spared her she fears he'll strike again. She wants people to take a good look at the police sketch of the suspect. He's described as an African American man, about 25 years old. He is 5' 10" tall, and weighs 160 pounds. Police want to hear from you if you know anything about him.

"I'm terrified, if he doesn't come after me what's to stop him from going after my son."

The woman is still counting her blessing and feels God must have been watching over her that morning last week.
(KOMO 4 TV)
This story was so bizarre that I actually laughed the first time I saw it on TV. And then it set in that I was laughing about a rape, so ... whoops. But it's still really bizarre.

I mean, really bizarre.

:m:,
Tiassa :cool:

So many bad puns, so little time!

And me spending all day reading Dworkin, so now I feel guilty for giggling. :D

My guess is he's a complete religious whacko with seriously suppressed sexuality who wishes to gratify his "dirty" urges on those filthy heathens.

Originally posted by Adam
My guess is he's a complete religious whacko with seriously suppressed sexuality who wishes to gratify his "dirty" urges on those filthy heathens.

Funny. Reminds me of Jimmy Swaggart for some reason.;)

Back