Binaural beats, theta meditation

spiritchannels

Registered Member
I've been (self-)experimenting with binaural beats and theta wave meditation for about a year, using some 'systematic,' proprietary programs like Holosync and even making my own (with Gnaural).

Has anyone else used these regularly or over any extended period of time? Has anyone compared their experience in typical meditation to meditation with binaural noise?

The salesmen of the technology make a lot of scientific claims, but I don't see a lot of mainstream support for it.

Just seen this post i posted a similiar thread. A few people tellme its one big scam. I read some posts on the internet claiming its also a scam. Any evidence to show that it works is biased as its done by companies marketing the products like CentrePoint a guy called Bill Harris i think.

I would like to hear more !

45853bca18fa357e227f8ba69e81c3dc1247952482_full.jpg

Brain wave entrainment

There are 4 main forms of brain waves (gamma, alpha, theta and delta waves), which are influenced by Binaural Beats. That is, by listening to certain brainwave frequencies the brain increases that frequency in the brain. By doing that, it can change how your brain is working and to a certain extent how you feel. With a closed mind, the effects of the binaural beats are less likely to be felt or appreciated. With an open mind, binaural beats really do work.

There are many programs, mp3s or CDs from which to choose. It can be overwhelming and very difficult to find the right one for you. I recommend using a program meant to affect the Alpha-theta brainwaves. They would put you in state of relaxed wakefulness.

Alpha brain waves are associated with meditative states, visualization, and idleness of your optical system. Each time you daydream, relax, or close your eyes, alpha activity increases. Theta brain waves may be rhythmic or arrhythmic. Theta brain waves are commonly linked to enhanced levels of creativity, emotions, and spontaneity.

The medical community has only recently begun to study binaural beats and brainwave entrainment, but the preliminary studies have shown effectiveness. For instance, in a recent study from the National College of Natural Medicine in Portland, OR. "Binaural beat technology exhibited positive effect on self-reported psychological measures, especially anxiety". For the treatment of ADHD, a group from the University of South Florida College of Nursing, found that this modality should be studied further, assessing its effectiveness in reducing the symptoms of inattention in those diagnosed with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder.

For addictions playing binaural beats or isochronic tones of Alpha wave frequencies stimulate the subconscious mind to produce Alpha brainwaves which helps the brain in turn to produce more Alpha waves on its own naturally. Thus, in this hypnotic state, the mind can be ‘retrained’ to think positively and reprogram the negative thoughts, as well as to address the lack of Alpha waves, reducing the cravings in the long term. Listening to specially designed binaural beat recordings for 20-40 minutes every day can help you take control of your brain activity and help in the treatment of the addictions and cravings that rule their lives.

Source(s):
alpha-theta-brainwaves.com

things like binaural beats may make an improvement but ironically there are enough other negative situations that deter ones status such as stress,uncertainties and, indifference from ones fellow citizen . i have listened to about 3 cds from different producers 1 seemed
to induce imaginative states while the outher 2 seemed to make you sleepy or drag out
certain tones overly long times the strange thing about the imaginative 1 was that when you took the headphones off you could still hear or sense the sound of it for a while

Back