bible too liberal

pjdude1219

The biscuit has risen
Valued Senior Member
a new online conservative venture called the conservative bible project says so. They aim to translate the bible into a more conservative freindly viewpoint(guess this means no jesus) appartently a lot of people think they are nuts. I mean they are trying to turn the bible to to a wholely conservative thing.

Editing the Bible is bad, especially when people know you're doing it. That's how Mary Madelene became a prostitute, a pope made it up. And the book of Susannah was cut I believe it was too explicit or something. It's supposed to be God's Word why would you want his truths censored and or re-written?

pj,
When you have something thats too big, too small, too conservative or too liberal, you use the word "too". (I know... grammar Nazi or what :) ) So I fixed your title.

As for rewriting the bible... well they could add:
"The events in this book are a work of fiction. The characters are ficticious and any resemblance to any person, living, dead or resurrected as a brain eating zombie, is entirely coincidental"

Well Jesus is kind of a ancient hippie. With the exception of free love, he probably would have loved the 1960s.

a new online conservative venture called the conservative bible project says so. They aim to translate the bible into a more conservative freindly viewpoint(guess this means no jesus) appartently a lot of people think they are nuts. I mean they are trying to turn the bible to to a wholely conservative thing.

If they use the King James Bible as a "baseline", as stated, they better remember to remove all of those references to unicorns before the world finds out they are in there. :rolleyes:

It's good, because there are some parts that need to be rewritten: This hell is somewhere too expensive, implications are economically too liberal: there will be an eternal hell with constant fire. Even China could not do that unless there was a special occasions such as Olympics.

Last edited:
Back