Bible quotes: Who is going to Heaven?

one_raven

God is a Chinese Whisper
Valued Senior Member
I am doing some research for a story I am working on.
What I am looking for is quotes from the Bible (NT or OT) regarding who is going to Heaven.
The ones I am most interested in are ones that specifically deal with children and innocence, but I am looking for all the quotes I can get.

I would appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks.

Why don't you do a search at SearchGodsWord.org and Jewishencyclopedia.com to see what the commentaries say.

I'll check that out.
Thanks.

I do have an online KJV Bible bookmarkes that I use for searches, but is giving me only moderate success.

I was looking for more "human" input to further my efforts rather than trying countless word combination searches.

No problem, feel free to ask if you want to hear my thoughts on something.

Who goes to heaven is a cascading pyramid, starting with God - who created heaven - at the pinnacle, as the Judge. Then there is a kind of inverted hierarchy - with children at the top. Actually, with "life" at the top, because heaven is really the embodiment of the Hebrew concept shalom.

"Innocence" is an overrated attribute at this level, since holiness and grace are the operative qualifiers. Real innocence is a judgement call reserved for God, after that there are only the things we are guilty of and innocent of. As Jesus pointed out, accountability stretches far beyond legalistic qualifications. The dynamics of a loving relationship is a more accurate paradigm to understand the selection by, which is why Jesus used parables to describe God's kingdom rather than laws.

I think this will help with your story. If you familiarize yourself with the parables of Jesus (and a few in the OT) you will soon be able to construct your own. And as I said, feel free to ask me if you want to debate a few points while you formulate...

Last edited:
Back