Bible contracts itself #1-20

Eng Grez

Registered Senior Member
Contradiction #1
Who incited David to count the fighting men of Israel? (a) God did (2 Samuel 24:1) (b) Satan did (1 Chronicles 21:1).

Contradiction #2
In that count how many fighting men were found in Israel? (a) Eight hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9). (b) One million, one hundred thousand (1 Chronicles 21:5).

Contradiction #3
How many fighting men were found in Judah? (a) Five hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9). (b) Four hundred and seventy thousand (1 Chronicles 21:5).

Contradiction #4
God sent his prophet to threaten David with how many years of famine? (a) Seven (2 Samuel 24:13). (b) Three (1 Chronicles 21:12).

Contradiction #5
How old was Ahaziah when he began to rule over Jerusalem? (a) Twenty-two (2 Kings 8:26). (b) Forty-two (2 Chronicles 22:2).

Contradiction #6
How old was Jehoiachin when he became king of Jerusalem? (a) Eighteen (2 Kings 24:8). (b) Eight (2 Chronicles 36:9).

Contradiction #7
How long did he rule over Jerusalem? (a) Three months (2 Kings 24:8). (b) Three months and ten days (2 Chronicles 36:9).

Contradiction #8
The chief of the mighty men of David lifted up his spear and killed how many men at one time? (a) Eight hundred (2 Samuel 23:8). (b) Three hundred (1 Chronicles 11:11).

Contradiction #9
When did David bring the Ark of the Covenant to Jerusalem? Before defeating the Philistines or after? (a) After (2 Samuel 5 and 6). (b) Before (1 Chronicles 13 and 14).

Contradiction #10
How many pairs of clean animals did God tell Noah to take into the Ark? (a) Two (Genesis 6:19, 20). (b) Seven (Genesis 7:2). But despite this last instruction only two pairs went into the ark (Genesis 7:8, 9).

Contradiction #11
When David defeated the King of Zobah, how many horsemen did he capture? (a) One thousand and seven hundred (2 Samuel 8:4). (b) Seven thousand (1 Chronicles 18:4).

Contradiction #12
How many stalls for horses did Solomon have? (a) Forty thousand (1 Kings 4:26). (b) Four thousand (2 chronicles 9:25).

Contradiction #13
In what year of King Asa's reign did Baasha, King of Israel die? (a) Twenty-sixth year (1 Kings 15:33 - 16:8). (b) Still alive in the thirty-sixth year (2 Chronicles 16:1).

Contradiction #14
How many overseers did Solomon appoint for the work of building the temple? (a) Three thousand six hundred (2 Chronicles 2:2) (b) Three thousand three hundred (1 Kings 5:16).

Contradiction #15
Solomon built a facility containing how many baths? (a) Two thousand (1 Kings 7:26). (b) Over three thousand (2 Chronicles 4:5).

Contradiction #16
Of the Israelites who were freed from the Babylonian captivity, how many were the children of Pahrath-Moab? (a) Two thousand eight hundred and twelve (Ezra 2:6). (b) Two thousand eight hundred and eighteen (Nehemiah 7:11).

Contradiction #17
How many were the children of Zattu? (a) Nine hundred and forty-five (Ezra 2:8) (b) Eight hundred and forty-five (Nehemiah 7:13).

Contradiction #18
How many were the children of Azgad? (a) One thousand two hundred and twenty-two (Ezra 2:12). (b) Two thousand three hundred and twenty-two (Nehemiah 7:17). Contradiction #19
How many were the children of Adin? (a) Four hundred and fifty-four (Ezra 2:15). (b) Six hundred and fifty-five (Nehemiah 7:20).

Contradiction #20
How many were the children of Hashum? (a) Two hundred and twenty-three (Ezra 2:19). (b) Three hundred and twenty-eight (Nehemiah 7:22).

I'm too lazy to actually check the scriptures and see if the contradictions actually exist. Can a bible lover perhaps show us where some of this claims may be wrong.

Nice copy and pasting there End Grez. What? You couldn't be stuffed reading the bible cover to cover and trying to figure out the contradictions for yourself, so you thought you'd just copy it from somewhere else:rolleyes:? You could at least say thank you to Consequent for providing the link for you, since you appear to be too lazy to have bothered to have done so.

:eek:

The fact that he/she can't even type out the word "contradiction" and instead used "contraction" in the subject box should be indication enough we're not dealing with a Rhodes Scholar here.

Originally posted by Bells
Nice copy and pasting there End Grez. What? You couldn't be stuffed reading the bible cover to cover and trying to figure out the contradictions for yourself, so you thought you'd just copy it from somewhere else:rolleyes:? You could at least say thank you to Consequent for providing the link for you, since you appear to be too lazy to have bothered to have done so.

err.no. i actually used another link. that's why the wording was different. if not, i would have thanked him. bah, nm. i'll thank him anyway for finding me a better organized site.

my contradictions are basic ones. i don't agree with the idea that 5 billion people in this world will go to hell because they don't accept jesus as his savior, for a woman to be inferior, nor with the christian history, and that reading harry potter is devil worshipping, etc.

Originally posted by Bridge
The fact that he/she can't even type out the word "contradiction" and instead used "contraction" in the subject box should be indication enough we're not dealing with a Rhodes Scholar here.

wowzers! is this the first time you seen a typo???

Nice copy and pasting there End Grez. What? You couldn't be stuffed reading the bible cover to cover and trying to figure out the contradictions for yourself, so you thought you'd just copy it from somewhere else?
:D Well said!

Originally posted by Eng Grez
err.no. i actually used another link. that's why the wording was different. if not, i would have thanked him. bah, nm. i'll thank him anyway for finding me a better organized site.

Ye Gods!! He still doesn't get it:confused:.

End Grez, I suggest you put the bible down for a minute or ten and pick up a dictionary and look up the word 'plagiarise' (plagiarize spelled the American way) or 'plagiarism'. And then possibly you might understand what we meant. Also look up the words 'steal' and 'copy':).

Eng Grez

it is no point starting a thread like this. I am muslim and I know that it is easy to take bible out of context, certain things in bible can and be real contradictions but rest can be refuted easily. There have been plenty of bible bashing in this forum from all kind of religions and faiths and even from christians them self. You can search the forum if you wish to see them.

Thank You

Originally posted by 567
Eng Grez

it is no point starting a thread like this. I am muslim and I know that it is easy to take bible out of context, certain things in bible can and be real contradictions but rest can be refuted easily. There have been plenty of bible bashing in this forum from all kind of religions and faiths and even from christians them self. You can search the forum if you wish to see them.

Thank You
The way End Grez is going, I don't think he'll bother searching the forum for other posts which discuss the contradictions of the bible. He didn't even bother to change the words from the site he copied his post from. He hasn't shown any true argument, just the argument of someone else.

Ye Gods!! He still doesn't get it:confused:.

End Grez, I suggest you put the bible down for a minute or ten and pick up a dictionary and look up the word 'plagiarise' (plagiarize spelled the American way) or 'plagiarism'. And then possibly you might understand what we meant. Also look up the words 'steal' and 'copy':).

Shut up bells, you are being a total idiot and quit annoying. Go back to your old sweet self. Bells is witty, not a freakin troll...let him pass without the unnecessary cartweel and address his concern in an objective manner.

Awww but I like being annoying and an idiot:(. How else shall I pass my time? Sigh... lol...

Ok then to address the issue.... (see I can play nice:D)

End Grez, you have only stated the obvious in your post about the contradictions in the bible. It is a book written by man and since man himself is full of contradictions, it is fairly obvious that something like the bible would have passages that contradict each other.

Life itself is a contradiction. That's why we have a mind that can distinguish between items that don't quite seem right and pick out what is correct and what is not correct. Well at least most of us have such a mind.

Life itself is a contradiction. That's why we have a mind that can distinguish between items that don't quite seem right and pick out what is correct and what is not correct. Well at least most of us have such a mind.

This is so true and really one of the best answers I have heard in a while. Books are not people, they're ink on paper that can't talk back or defend itself. The question is not whether the bible or the Quran contradicts itself. The real question is ...Do you contradict yourself?

Back