Better than Life..

I'm_:)

Registered Member
Props to Red Dwarf. You rock Red Dwarf!

I'm sure most of you play video games, or did at one point. What would you think of a Matrix-type entertainment world? Where all your wishes are granted. I mean, right now its all hardware and graphics. They are striving to look and feel like the real thing, and though we're ways off, we are becoming exceedingly good at it.

I would imagine that it would be modeled around lucid dreaming, except via some implanted chip, total control would be allowed. So you'd probably be "asleep", during the game. Though that technology is still far away, we at least have a foundation to start on. Once we start drilling into heads again, we'll be able to not only know the rules of dreaming, but to bend them as well.

Also, I mean, we sleep fourteen years of our life away. Might as well play some video-games while doing it. Plus that leaves a choice at the end of our lives. If all this were possible, would you take the risk of dying just to found out what's really out there, or would you live out the rest of your "life" in a video game?

Your thoughts? Your Opinions? The things that very matter here at Pro 8 news.

More at 11.

It also reminded me of Existenz, the movie about biological video games. I think this is already happening on-line, although I have never played any. In the future, people will spend more and more time in virtual worlds. Eventually, we may not have bodies at all.

Back