Below the belt tactics

Limbo

Registered Member
Is all fair in love, war, and debate?

I was in an arguement with someone the other day on a different forum. I was asked to provide examples of my allegations. I did so.

But rather than address my arguements, my opponent decided to accuse me of plagarism...theft of intellectual property...because I didn't provide a link to the website I got my examples from. He got me suspended, and my post was deleted.

Was he hitting below the belt?

Limbo: Is all fair in love, war, and debate?

I was in an arguement with someone the other day on a different forum. I was asked to provide examples of my allegations. I did so.

But rather than address my arguements, my opponent decided to accuse me of plagarism...theft of intellectual property... because I didn't provide a link to the website I got my examples from. He got me suspended, and my post was deleted.

Was he hitting below the belt?
M*W: Most likely, he was just an immature xian. We've got 'em here, too.

Limbo:

If you don't acknowledge the source of material copied verbatim from elsewhere, then you are plagiarising. It is fair enough to be called on that. How would you feel if somebody else stole your hard work?

There's a simple solution. Don't leave yourself open to accusations of plagiarism.

Medicine Woman:

Most likely, he was just an immature xian.

And what, exactly, do you base that conclusion on? Anything other than your own prejudice? I thought not.

James R said:
Limbo:

If you don't acknowledge the source of material copied verbatim from elsewhere, then you are plagiarising. It is fair enough to be called on that. How would you feel if somebody else stole your hard work?

There's a simple solution. Don't leave yourself open to accusations of plagiarism.

Medicine Woman:

And what, exactly, do you base that conclusion on? Anything other than your own prejudice? I thought not.

Even if it is easily available fairy tales? I mean...if it's available on a hundred websites whats the point?

Back