Bad news for racists: There is no such thing as 'Race'

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Proud_Syrian

No such thing as race in world of genomes
By DEBORAH SMITH

The human genome project has shown there is no scientific basis for the concept of race.

Dr Craig Venter, president of Celera Genomics, said yesterday that his company had sequenced the genome of five people who identified themselves as Hispanic, Asian, Caucasian and Afro-American.

"In the five ... genomes, there is no way to tell one ethnicity from one another," he told the White House news conference.

http://old.smh.com.au/news/specials/intl/genome/genom2.html

going to the university should not be based on race at all provided the society is NOT racist.

Originally posted by Jerrek
Excellent argument against affirmative action.

Using science to support ignorant and bias actions in hiring of new and more promising employes.....*tisk tisk tisk*

interesting?

it would be interesting too know how many different threads regarding 'race' are ongoing at any one time in sciforums. i'm sure an analysis of this type could be publishable.

Excellent argument against affirmative action.

Just and excellent argument against racial-based affirmative action Jerrek . Good thing we've got wonderfull other methods that result in the sorting of "darkies" these days , like discriminate nased on socio-economical position .

i'm sure an analysis of this type could be publishable.

Im not sure weither you can read this paulsamuel since last time you put me on ignore you really didnt , but if you can : what type of publishable analysis did you have in mind ?

One dealing with the direct subjects discussed here , or rather about the discussion of these subjects ?

It sounds very interesting .

Affirmative Action is about trying to make things fair against racism, trying to make sure the corporation are not segregating and/or rejecting people just because of what societies calls a race. Race still and might forever exist in the eye of society, it has no existence physically, but it still exists socially and still has serious effects.

Originally posted by Vortexx
This must also mean that there are no Chosen people right ?

Don't doubt Neo dammint.....he will lead us against the putrid machines

But i agree with the smartass...*cough* i mean um..brilliant WCF in saying race will always exist in the mans eye because it is a social construct.....not a natural one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back