Backward songs

Zeppelin is one of your favorites and you're only 26? Good taste, my sweet Satan!

It's old and never made any more sense to me backward. In addition, it was often asked what the hell the 700 club was doing while listening to Zep albums backward?

Last edited:
Heh, I'm 16-not 26...

Votorx- It very well may be done on purpose...but this is just one song, there's many more songs that are the same... Only things that makes me think it wasn't intentional is:

1.) It's a song about Heaven
2.) I can only imagine how hard it would be to condure up lyrics to make it say that backwards

16 years old...maybe I should put my birthdate in as well :D

Anyways, I've never heard the song and, unfortunetly I can't hear it right now since the computers I am using don't project sound, but I will listen to both parts asap.

That shouldn't be a factor. It can be symbolic, you know, Heaven being the forward, rightful way to go and the opposite of heaven will be hell which it protrayed when that set of lyrics is played backwards.

2.) I can only imagine how hard it would be to condure up lyrics to make it say that backwards

Did Ledzeplin actually make the lyrics to this song?

I'm not sure if they wrote the lyrics (I'm pretty sure they did) but that's irrelevant because, anyone would have trouble doing it...

anyone would have trouble doing it...

Of course but that's not going to prevent them from doing it. People must have had trouble engineering the first computers, harnessing electricity, starting up nuclear power and creating atomic bombs, yet we still use it today.

And yes, Robert Plant wrote the lyrics

Well then, Robert Plan is either a master of the english arts or he has too much time on his hands, which seems likely since musicians don't seem to do much.

Sounds like gibberish to me.

I have not looked at the "lyrics" page, as I am a firm believer that
doing so puts the suggestion in your head about what you think
you should be hearing, so your brain fills it in for you. My .02 -

:m: Peace.

That's what the 700 club and the CBN progs used to do. They would tell people what they were going to hear then play it. I can just imagine Pat Robertson hitting the bong while listening to Zep backwards. "Duuuuude, didn't that sound like he said, ' My sweet Satan'"

Number nine...

ELO: The music is reversible but, time is not. Turn back...

This thing is called subliminal masseges. they are illegal. they said that Britney Spear's sond Hit me baby one more time backwards playes "sleep with me i'm not too young.
" some other song, not by her, i think beetel" its fun to smoke mariijuana

This thing is called subliminal masseges. they are illegal. they said that Britney Spear's sond Hit me baby one more time backwards playes "sleep with me i'm not too young.
" some other song, not by her, i think beetel" its fun to smoke mariijuana

If it's true, well, song writers need to have some kinda fun. I mean hey, they write all these hit songs for the artists and receive a decent pay check compared to the amount the artist makes from the song. Fame, glory, lots of money, and all these goodies while the song writer is back there in the shadows. If I wrote songs for others, I too would do some sneaky stuff to pass the time, heh. Ha, take this you stinkin modern day singers that don't have any skill to write their own songs or play their own instruments!

- N

Votorx said:
Well then, Robert Plan is either a master of the english arts or he has too much time on his hands, which seems likely since musicians don't seem to do much.
Plant was influenced by J.R.R Tolkien, which inspired some lyrics on early Zeppelin albums

in some KoRn song, can't remember the name, Jonathan Davis screams for a couple of seconds. Also, in quite a few ICP songs, they cuss and say some stupid stuff

Some subliminal messages are generated purely for sell factor, since afterall there is usually a big song and dance around it. Especially when some young teens go out and kill someone over lyrics they supposedly heard differently.

However the brain itself as sophisticated as it is, can occasionally hear things wrongly and attempt to structure reasoning where chaos exists normally. Notice though that people tend to look for subliminal messages by reversing music, therefore they are looking for something to find and will attempt to structure things.

kornrulz said:
in some KoRn song, can't remember the name, Jonathan Davis screams for a couple of seconds. Also, in quite a few ICP songs, they cuss and say some stupid stuff

ICP does that playing the normal way too.

Marshall said:
Heh, I'm 16-not 26...

Votorx- It very well may be done on purpose...but this is just one song, there's many more songs that are the same... Only things that makes me think it wasn't intentional is:

first off its not about heavan its a song about a woman trying to buy her way in to heavan secondly did you research this for one second instead of posting this to people who don know shit about led zeppelin robert plant was not the damn guennies jimmy page was robert plant was just a guy who had a great voice jimmy composed and produced everything he even put together the band and if you know anything about jimmy you know that he was an expert at subliminal messages he said it himself that it wasnt meant to do that but when he wrote that song he and robert were in a haunted house and they said it was like someone else was moving there hand so they might have fucked up and somedy else was moving there hand or it was a spirit beacause if you study it all certain things kind of piece together in a strange way I hope that cleared shit up for you

:m: snoogins out

Back