Babies and Money

Orleander

OH JOY!!!!
Valued Senior Member
Let's pretend....

I'm a young woman who marries a wealthy older man. He dies. His will states that only his children inherit. He has stipulated that he is donor. I let them harvest his organs. I also ask that they harvest his sperm. For years, I have his children. I even get remarried and continue to have his children.

Unethical or just tasteless?

Let's pretend....

I'm a young woman who marries a wealthy older man. He dies. His will states that only his children inherit. He has stipulated that he is donor. I let them harvest his organs. I also ask that they harvest his sperm. For years, I have his children. I even get remarried and continue to have his children.

Immediately upon his death, his children are contacted and, as per the instructions in his will, inherit all of his assets.

its unethical because he didnt give consent to have children after his death he just gave consent to have his organs donated!!

its unethical because he didnt give consent to have children after his death he just gave consent to have his organs donated!!

If he never said one way or the other that he wanted his organs donated and they were, would that be unethical as well?

well growing it would mean using stem cells, which means currently it is against the law. Also...if it was me, I would just want to die

what??? stem cells??
She takes his sperm, fertilizes eggs, freezes embryos, and every few years has a kid.

lay it out on the kitchen counter overnight or toss it in the microwave for a few minutes.

i DON'T KNOW!! lol This thread is about the ethics of taking a dead man's sperm and making babies for pesonal gain.

lay it out on the kitchen counter overnight or toss it in the microwave for a few minutes.

i DON'T KNOW!! lol This thread is about the ethics of taking a dead man's sperm and making babies for pesonal gain.

well it is unethical.

Also the technology is not up to the job. There is no way to safely unfreeze cells...without them breaking apart or crystallizing.

How will it feel if you were my love and I took your body and used your organs to grow stuff, and stole your heart? How would it feel before you die?

well it is unethical.

Also the technology is not up to the job. There is no way to safely unfreeze cells...without them breaking apart or crystallizing.

How will it feel if you were my love and I took your body and used your organs to grow stuff, and stole your heart? How would it feel before you die?

Unethical, I agree

technology not up to teh job? The cells (embryos in this case) are stored in liquid nitrogen after a controlled freeze by special machinery. Embryo freezing takes several hours while the thaw process takes about 30-45 minutes. Embryos have been successfully thawed after cryopreservation for as many as 13 years. Clinical pregnancies have been reported from embryos stored for 9 years

and finally...what??? If I'm dead I am not gonna care about what you do to my body. Dead people never care. Cuz they are DEAD.

what??? stem cells??
She takes his sperm, fertilizes eggs, freezes embryos, and every few years has a kid.

They won't do it without his consent, which given the circumstances could be a tad bit awkward. Doing anything without consent is unethical.

and finally...what??? If I'm dead I am not gonna care about what you do to my body. Dead people never care. Cuz they are DEAD.
Donate your body to necrophilia then if you don't care.

Let's pretend....

The easiest way in dealing with these issues is to ask 'what would a reasonable person conclude'. Since reasonable people are becoming few and far between in the general population, we need to be more explicit.

In this case his will is based on the PRESENT and not what may happen in the future, this is based on the fact that the subject no longer EXISTS...he is DEAD.

There you have it.:worship:

I can't believe this.
I asked if this was ethical, not legal!

In the early hours of May 21, 1993, in an operating room in Orlando, Maresca became the first person in history to donate sperm - posthumously - to create a child. Maresca's 22-year-old widow, married to him only 16 days at the time of his death, plans to have his offspring with the aid of futuristic medical technology that didn't exist five years ago.

Fine! This happened. Is it ethical??

I can't believe this.
I asked if this was ethical, not legal!

In the early hours of May 21, 1993, in an operating room in Orlando, Maresca became the first person in history to donate sperm - posthumously - to create a child. Maresca's 22-year-old widow, married to him only 16 days at the time of his death, plans to have his offspring with the aid of futuristic medical technology that didn't exist five years ago.

Fine! This happened. Is it ethical??

ethical or not.

marriage is for purpose of love.

everything else is wrong.

Back