Azathoth!

Tiassa

Let us not launch the boat ...
Valued Senior Member

From Why We're Here, by Fred Van Lente and Steve Ellis, ca. 2000.

Does it really need further comment from me? I don't think so.

Of course, if this needs explaining, just ask.

Notes:

Van Lente, Fred and Steve Ellis. Why We're Here. 2000. FredVanLente.com. June 28, 2009. http://www.fredvanlente.com/cthulhutract/

Well, Ive read the comic and I need an explanation. What is your motive for posting this ?

The hell of it?

The hell of it?

There is such a thing as religious humor.

The hell of it?

There is such a thing as religious humor.

JesusSmiling.jpg

Once upon a time ...

We used to have a minor Cthulhu cult here, you know. Maybe this will spur a revival.

Would sure as hell beat the whole Flying Spaghetti Monster thing. Speaking of which, I saw the FSM last weekend.

We used to have a minor Cthulhu cult here, you know. Maybe this will spur a revival.

Would sure as hell beat the whole Flying Spaghetti Monster thing. Speaking of which, I saw the FSM last weekend.

Was it hogging your plate again ? ;)

The comic could almost be a caricaturistic creationist representation of atheism.

There is no such thing. However there is such a thing as disrespect to religion.
Listen...

Hear that thing that sounds like a distant jet plane flying by ?

That's the joke going over your head.

:rolleyes:

I've seen this picture before. Where is it cosmic, if you know?

Also, Tiassa you're one eclectic weird dude...

Just right click on it or any picture and it will be in the "properties" section at the bottom.

Tiassa and many others, including myself, are weird! :eek: :p :rolleyes:

Just right click on it or any picture and it will be in the "properties" section at the bottom.

Tiassa and many others, including myself, are weird! :eek: :p :rolleyes:

Thanks cosmic, but I knew that. I was asking if you knew where the actual physical statue or whatever is, but I can see how the wording of my question was confusing. Do you happen to know where the object represented in your picture is?

There is no such thing. However there is such a thing as disrespect to religion.

kind of neat seeing THIS generation begin to hold the ignorant responsible!

the old failed; their done!

(the 'ancient' of old prophecies, is walkin)

Last edited:

From Why We're Here, by Fred Van Lente and Steve Ellis, ca. 2000.

Does it really need further comment from me? I don't think so.

Of course, if this needs explaining, just ask.

may i inquire if it means; soon the people will awaken and find that much of what they believed is BS (for the most part)

you should see what i do to physicist. I share most of what they learned will be obsolete.

and we all can be certain the rituals (religious BS) will soon be extinct (as the last 'word' does exists)

Notes Around

Enmos said:

Was it hogging your plate again ? ;)

In that case, I would have eaten it.

• • •​

Killjoy said:

So much for your chances of being eaten first...

http://foo.ca/wp/chick-tract-satire/who-will-be-eaten-first/

Beautiful.

• • •​

Draqon said:

One could say that about the Chick tracts themselves. If one ever wonders why so many people think religion is stupid, Chick tracts are a great place to start.

• • •​

Randwolf said:

Also, Tiassa you're one eclectic weird dude... :cool:

I adore Lovecraft. Not only are his stories outstanding, but he is a fascinating study in human frailty and contradiction.

• • •​

Bishadi said:

may i inquire if it means; soon the people will awaken and find that much of what they believed is BS (for the most part)

I personally wouldn't take it that far. The frame itself is my favorite from the sequence. Those four words—"God is a blind retard?"—just slay me.

Mostly, though, the comic is exactly what it appears to be: A parody of one of Christianity's most embarrassing movements.

Back