Attack On God is STUPID

Futurist

Banned
Banned

There are two logical possibilities about God, both can not be true at the same time:

1) NO God at all.

2) YES, there is a supreme God, creator of universe.

For either case, it is extremely silly for you to hate/scold/attack/ridicule/slander/etc.........(whatever negative words) this God.

Because, if there is no God, you just talked to the air, your object never existed.
If there is God, what harm can you do unto Him ? Nothing! God is OK up there, laughing at your silly acts!

For either case, it is extremely silly for you to hate/scold/attack/ridicule/slander/etc.........(whatever negative words) this God.

Of course, there are sillier things. :rolleyes:

God is OK up there, laughing at your silly acts

Good, cos I'm ok down here laughing at his silly acts

As Desert Rat pointed out, we can say/think what we want about 'God'

See my thread "the nature of God". God would be pissed if you didn't make fun of him.

There are two logical possibilities about God, both can not be true at the same time:
1) NO God at all.
2) YES, there is a supreme God, creator of universe.
Because, if there is no God, you just talked to the air, your object never existed.
If there is God, what harm can you do unto Him ? Nothing! God is OK up there, laughing at your silly acts!

It is called pascals wager.

Hi again, Ah Lim.

Many times people have talked to things that do not exist, ie the spirit of the swamp down under, or whatever.

Originally posted by GB-GIL Trans-global
Hi again, Ah Lim.

Many times people have talked to things that do not exist, ie the spirit of the swamp down under, or whatever.

why call me Lim?
you know me ?:)

Whichever you may think, but it is obtuse to slander, etc., God when one hasn't even read the Bible or know it's literature. For example a man being an atheist because all his friends are atheist. Going around slandering, etc., is justtt as worst as the religions that try to preach and force their beliefs on others.

"Have at thee"??? LOL, that's funny.

God would be pissed if we didn't make fun of him? Perhaps a desire for adversity to lord over? Xev, post the url for me...I'm too lazy to find it, sorry hon...

and if you wanna contribute to the Sacred Halls pics then please do so...*yawn* must sleep...

Futurist,

1) NO God at all.

2) YES, there is a supreme God, creator of universe

What makes you think these are the only two "logical" possibilities?

What about the possibility that there are many gods? (This is backed up in the bible, btw)

What about the possibility there is indeed just one god, but he isn't supreme, and/or didn't create the universe?

Nonsense. There are fictional characters that are hated, slandered, etc. In attacking this fictional being with our thoughts and words, we reaffirm our beliefs and moral alignment. Call it an exercise in morality, if you will. People object to what seems wrong or bad, whether it's "real" or not. Look at how many Christians freak out over Harry Potter, for example. Harry Potter isn't hurt in the least by their libel and slander, yet that doesn't stop them, does it?

By that logic, I shouldn't say Hitler was an evil person either...I can't harm him, wherever he is, so it would be "extremely silly" for me to bother to attack and ridicule his actions, wouldn't it?

*Originally posted by Futurist

That's what he says.

But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;

(Proverbs 1:25,26, KJV).

*Originally posted by DeSeRt RaT UK
two words for you - "Free will". People can say what they want.

True enough.

For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
(Matthew 12:37, KJV).

You know there are many posibilities. But one that no one seems to of mentioned is that maybe in the beginning there was absolutely nothing. But nothing implies something just like Up implies down and sweet implies sour. So that nothings became something! Are you guys understanding what Im saying so far?

So maybe God was that something, or maybe space was that something. But my whole main point is that if your saying that there was nothing before then there had to of been something.

The universe implied itself!:cool:

Back