Atkinson bans hydroponic equipment in SA cannabis crackdown

Asguard

Kiss my dark side
Valued Senior Member
Atkinson bans hydroponic equipment in SA cannabis crackdown

adelaide now
COLIN JAMES, LEGAL AFFAIRS EDITOR
July 22, 2008 12:00pm

THE State Government has stepped up its war on hydroponic cannabis, making it illegal to possess the lamps and reflectors used to produce crops.

Equipment used in clandestine drug laboratories also will be targeted by new laws aimed at stopping illegal drug manufacturing within South Australia.

The prohibited equipment will include high-intensity lamps, reflectors and carbon filters used for hydroponic cannabis crops.

Laboratory equipment such as condensors, evaporators, heating tools, stirrers, funnels, flasks and filters also will be illegal to possess - unless the owners can provide a legitimate reason for possessing them.

Attorney-General Michael Atkinson today announced anyone found with the equipment who could not provide a lawful reason could face fines of up to $10,000 or two years' jail.

viewed 22/07/08 at 16:20

this is rather concerning because as far as i know the lighting is similar or the same as that used in the marine aquarium trade and the way i read this it doesnt sound like for the lighting any distintion for use is alowed

more important than that, it would make it illegal to grow anything in hydroponics. they are making it illegal for people to grow their own food. fucking pigs.

people who are already victimised by the pigs for growing weed wont blink at buying the supplies from dodgy merchants, but the people its going to hit hardest are those who just want to grow some veges in the kitchen to save on rising food costs.

Back