Athiesm

What religion are you?

• Athiest

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Christian(all christian religions, catholic, protestant, etc.)

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Jewish

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Muslim

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FightingFalconIR

Registered Member
Athiesm
Is it true or false? In my mind and my eyes it is true? WHy the F*** would you believe some people who were scared of shadows and thought the world was round? I just don't get it? Why do you have a tailbone? They can totally prove evolution? For instance we are about 1foot taller then our 1century ago relatives. Eventually we are going to lose our pinky finger b/c as a culture we don't use it. (That is why it is the smallest) PLEASE RESPOND!!!!:cool:

I voted Atheist, but I have to point out that atheism is not a religion. It is the lack of a religion.

Our ancestors one century ago were not a foot shorter than us. Nor were our ancestors one millennium ago. Nor two. Average height for my own folk has barely moved six inches in over two thousand years. And that change is due mostly to the effects of better diet upon individuals rather than some evolutionary racial change or something.

Atheist

I voted atheist.......

But the fact that evolution is prooven, doesn't take away all the reasons to be religious.

In your post, FalconFighter, you seem to make religious people ridiculous. I don't think you have the right, or the ability to do so.
As long scientist (most atheists) aren't able to tell everything, and as long as they are not able to proof how the everything/the universe began, they is more than enough space for religion.

Another note: if you want a good poll-result, you shouldn't start with "why the F*** would....", people who wanted to vote on a religion won't vote now.

Athiesm is not a religion. It is the lack thereof as Adam pointed out. Evolution is proven, and athiesm has several valid logical arguments behind it.

Ockham's razor, for one.

There is as much evidence for the existance of God (generic God) as there is for His nonexistance. God is an entity. Ockham's razor warns us not to multiply entities unnessesarily. Therefore, beliving in God violates Ockham's razor.

And this place is addictive, I swear! I can't turn on my computer without checking up on you.

Last edited:
FightingFalconIR: Eventually we are going to lose our pinky finger b/c as a culture we don't use it.
I need to address this common misperception. We adapt not in unison but through genetic mixing of mutant and non. For the pinky to be collectively lost it would out of neccessity need to be desirable. My guess is that this would never be so and thus we shall keep the pinky. I have heard similar conjectures concerning the almagamation of toes into a undivided pad.
Adam:Our ancestors one century ago were not a foot shorter than us. Nor were our ancestors one millennium ago. Nor two. Average height for my own folk has barely moved six inches in over two thousand years. And that change is due mostly to the effects of better diet upon individuals rather than some evolutionary racial change or something.
Quite right. There is a difference in average height due to availability of food.
KneD:But the fact that evolution is prooven, doesn't take away all the reasons to be religious.
That isn't our battle but rather theirs. They make the argument that our claims go counter to theirs. Leave to the Christians to turn a disagreement into war. (he says noting the crusades and all those bloody conflicts between Catholics and Protestants)

You have all made valid points, and for this I thank you. I have privately messaged most of you so you know how I feel. I hope you all will refer to this again and again b/c talkign with the few of you has better made me understand things.

FFIR:

Your poll missed out:

Agnosticism
Buddhism
Hinduism
Unitarian universalism
Wiccan
Satanism

and many many more.

Back