Assaulter vs cheater

Sciencelovah

Registered Senior Member
There is a very hot topic in Indonesia at the moment. I wish that I can give you a link here, but all available news are in Indonesian.

Actress Marcella Zalianty, her boyfriend (a famous racer, Ananda Mikola), and some of Marcella employees were arrested last week for kidnapping and assaulting (including sexual assault) Agung Setiawan, an interior designer.

There are rumours, but as far as I understand, the case is like this.. Marcella gives job to Agung to renovate her office. She pays him in advance, with a contract value around Rp. 30 millions. Agung could not finish the job well, so Marcella renovated her office herself, and asked Agung to return her 30 millions. The guy (Agung) then just 'disappeared'.

About last week, Agung was kidnapped and assaulted by Marcella employees. The assault is said to be extremely horrible: punching in the eyes, kicking, sodomi (anal sex using spoon), burning the hair of his genital, etc. Participating in the assault is Marcella's boyfriend, Ananda Mikola. Marcella is said didn't do anything, but present in the process (watching). There is a missing link here, but in short, somehow police came to rescue him.

After the medias air it, many people reported Agung to police and/or to the press. Apparently, in the past Agung had also did the same thing like what he did to Marcella i.e. escaped from his responsibility and from his debt. Report said, up to now, about 40 people make claim, with total lost of about Rp. 2.6 billion. Among his victim in the past is an old lady who is a widow, she lost her home certificate and her car because Agung cheated her.

Agung lawyer's said that the claim is invalid, because Agung already served in jail for his past mistake. The thing is, he was given sentence for several years, but somehow managed to get clemency, so that he only served about 7 months in jail.

What is your opinion about it? Who deserve to be punished? I don't have symphaty to the people who beat him even if they are celebrities, but I also hate this guy (Agung), as many people have suffered because of him. Unfortunately, behind his back is a caliber lawyer who manage to get support from everywhere, including from many other lawyers who is willing to defend him (as a victim) for free.

inzomnia, rape is concidered to be one of the worst crimes in the book. theft on the other hand is quite a low grade crime, yes i sympathise with them but they took it WELL behond what is reasonable and they should pay for the full force of there crime.

Lets look at this a different way, you pick my pocket and take $1 so i rape and then shoot you. Justifided?

No

Ok you take $50?

aceptable now?

I could keep going but crimes against people are ALWAYS concidered to be of a worse nature than crimes againt property which includes theft

This seems to be a simple (complex?) case of taking the law into ones own hands. In any civilized society, that can't be permitted.

Baron Max

Back