• Yes

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

ChildOfTheMind

So dark the con of man
Registered Senior Member
Ever done anything oddly bizarre? That you thought of, or something, any DE-JA-VU in your dreams

Are you physic? (psychic)

Yes, I'm having a vision now - its getting clearer - I see a double-bladed axe falling swiftly on the head of a pin and slicing through the neck of a pencil.

I can hear peoples thoughts in my head and hear songs on the radio even when my radio is off, and then when i turn on my radio the song comes on. Does that count?

"deja vu" is supposedly caused when the brain (try to follow me here, i know its tough, but i relly did read this) "short circuits" and loses its place, and then picks up whre it left off.

ex.
youre staring at a can of pop, and then your brain pauses, fixes its error, and goes back to recognizing the pop can. you only looked once, but your brain saw it twice..
I think it is superstitin and lack of explanation that lead people to beleive that they have dreamed the situation before since it is impossible at times to have actually expirienced it.. which is why you often here them say, "Hey wait! i dreamed this!". And they do not recall the dream beforehand.

i mentioned this a loooooong time ago on another thread and someone (sorry, i can't remember who) found more information on it. perhaps they can give it here agian.

I heard it's when the right side of the brain (the more visual one) picks up the image yet the left one lacks in picking up the image by a millisec causing a feeling a of dejavu. The Corpus Calloum for some reason loses a tenth of a sec in transferring the info from one hemispehere to another so one thinks that they dreamt or predicted this event before. It happens rarely to people but it does and though this is not the definite explanation though it makes sense on many levels.

awwwww.. no fair.. you used bigger words.. now no one will beleive me. :p

i must say though, even though the article made damn good sense that i rad. i wish i could remember more of it.... i think your makes sense in the fact that it is easier to understand the longer dejvus.. when you recognize a whole conversation and its events for exmple.

Yeah you're right...there could be many factors involved...Hippocampus malfunction for a sec or two...misfiring in one of the neurons.....Corpus calloum missynchronyzation.....etc etc..it's a still misunderstood and understudies thing.

Hmmm....I thought it was a glitch in the matrix. :)

Actually...what I read once is no so much that your brain has to look twice but that it for some reason for a brief time routes your sensory input through your memory in such a way that it enters your memory really before you see it then you see it and think you've seen it before.

I realize that was a really dumbed down way of saying it. But that is what I remember from the article.

-AntonK

So does that theory only explain visual deja vue, or everything that can be perceived?

Actually I've heard Deja Vu has more to do with an area of the brain dealing with conviction.

So in this case it's not a brain lag in the hippocampus (or whereever) but a mistake in the more center area of the brain (can't recall exact part offhand, amygdala?) where emotionality is regulated. The brain makes a mistake and has a strong conviction that they've had that experience before.

This is related to doppleganger syndrome where you have a conviction that people around you have been replaced by alien look-alikes. Wheee.

Xenu

That's funny.

I once heard that no one knows yet what causes Deja Vu.

That's the one I believe. ;)

Back