Are you created in God's image?

Greatest I am

Valued Senior Member

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."
¯ Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his work is perfect

Matthew 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Scriptures tell us to be like God and emulate all he does as we are to follow in his footsteps.

If you are a Christian, are you capable of following your God?

Would you be able and willing to do some of the things the bible shows God doing?

Are you created in God’s image?

Regards
DL

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."
¯ Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his work is perfect

Matthew 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Scriptures tell us to be like God and emulate all he does as we are to follow in his footsteps.

If you are a Christian, are you capable of following your God?

Would you be able and willing to do some of the things the bible shows God doing?

Are you created in God’s image?

Regards
DL

I used to speculate about what this really meant, when I was young. We can interpret the Old Testament to some extent if we are Christian - after all, Christians are people of the New Testament first and foremost. So Dawkins' tirade against the OT God is as usual beside the point and making a huge fuss about an Aunt Sally he has himself erected.

I used to think what was meant is that we are said to have an immortal soul.

But I have not thought about it for years now.

I used to speculate about what this really meant, when I was young. We can interpret the Old Testament to some extent if we are Christian - after all, Christians are people of the New Testament first and foremost. So Dawkins' tirade against the OT God is as usual beside the point and making a huge fuss about an Aunt Sally he has himself erected.

I used to think what was meant is that we are said to have an immortal soul.

But I have not thought about it for years now.

The God of the Old Testament is the same God of the New Testament. He's just a watered down version that people could accept. Read the scriptures.

The God of the Old Testament is the same God of the New Testament. He's just a watered down version that people could accept. Read the scriptures.

Can you provide a reference for that view, or is it merely your personal opinion?

For I am the LORD, I change not!

The Old Testament is the foundation and the New Testament builds on that foundation. The authors of the New Testament frequently quote from the Old Testament.

1 Corinthians 10:1-4 said:
Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;

And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

And did all eat the same spiritual meat;

And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

I think the spirits that created us logic, and reason are abstracts. They are only what you imagine them as. So its not far off to say we see them in our image.

after all, Christians are people of the New Testament first and foremost. So Dawkins' tirade against the OT God is as usual beside the point and making a huge fuss about an Aunt Sally he has himself erected.

Tho accurate, Dawkins' description is actually mild compared to the demonic evil monster portrayed in the HolyBabble & erected in the imagination of christians who, after all, claim to worship that monster.

Back