Are women better musicians.

TheFrogger

Banned
Banned
Does anyone else prefer female artists??

I urge all peoples to listen to a female catalog.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot, myself, reliably categorize instrumental music as being either composed or performed by male vs female instrumentalists.

This incapability of mine is widespread - the results of "blind" auditions for seats in Western classical orchestras imply it is all but universal among expert evaluators of Western orchestral instrument performance, for example.

I cannot, myself, reliably categorize instrumental music as being either composed or performed by male vs female instrumentalists.

This incapability of mine is widespread - the results of "blind" auditions for seats in Western classical orchestras imply it is all but universal among expert evaluators of Western orchestral instrument performance, for example.

Agree. Although.....I suppose I have a little difficulty in imagining some of Bach's works as being composed by a woman. For example, the first movement of the 3rd Brandenburg. There is a certain robust confidence and relentless, driving energy, and a feeling of being written from the Bass up, which strike me as somehow very masculine.

But it may just be that I cannot set aside my mental picture of him and what I have read about him. Evidently, the women in this chamber orchestra are having just as good a time as the men, if not better! :-

Women love to dance, of course..... and this is a Baroque dance, really.

By the way, I have yet to see an instrumental performer who does not thoroughly enjoy playing Bach.

Back