Are Winners Loosers?

ancientregime

Banned
Banned
In a battle of wits the loser can't understand how they are loosing; loosing is tantamount to not understanding the winning strategy. If a loser were able to understand the strategy, they would at the very least create a stalemate. If the loser understands the strategy after the battle of wits, they come out with something, which makes them ultimately a winner. The winner of every skirmish in a battle of wits comes out with nothing; ultimately making them a loser.

When a person in America has trumped or baseless charges made against them, they may ultimately win the battle of wits in the courtroom, but the immediate outcome by default is that they lost time and money defending themselves and ultimately are punished. This encourages trumped up charges and baseless claims.

It is a perfect example of a present day system where the legal system supports a collective occurrence of Munchausen’s Syndrome by Proxy. The legal community--both prosecutors and defending lawyers--benefit from baseless claims. They create a swinging door of clients. In order to evolve the system to be more scientific--one that doesn't have pseudo-science and mental disorder written all over it--the loser must be made to pay immediately.

If you disagree, you mock the validity of the reasoning process. In essence, you imply justice in the American system can't be scientific and it's just arbitrary.

Do you have a great and fantastic argument in which to use to prove me wrong--that our system isn't just a pseudo-scientific, philosophical version of capitalism designed to generate money, not justice.

Last edited:
So you think theory [the loser learning a strategy] is more relevant than application[the winner applying a strategy]?

Backwards, isn't it?

So you think theory [the loser learning a strategy] is more relevant than application[the winner applying a strategy]?

Backwards, isn't it?

Looking at it this way means the winner is always the one who makes charges, bogus or not. I don't see anything being relevant that is biased. I also don't consider biased a winning strategy in terms of science.

Seems to me the winner is the one who gets things done, while the loser is one who is always too late.

Ok. Ok. I fixed it. I didn't know this was a spelling and grammar thread.

It's not so much that as the fact that some definitions of 'looser' can be used within the realm of your thread, hence your theory would "lose" the meaning you intended.

In a battle of wits the loser can't understand how they are loosing; loosing is tantamount to not understanding the winning strategy. If a loser were able to understand the strategy, they would at the very least create a stalemate. If the loser understands the strategy after the battle of wits, they come out with something, which makes them ultimately a winner. The winner of every skirmish in a battle of wits comes out with nothing; ultimately making them a loser.
Obviously the winner in a battle of wits must have has something to gain by engaging in the battle, or he wouldn't have bothered in the first place.

In order to evolve the system to be more scientific--one that doesn't have pseudo-science and mental disorder written all over it--the loser must be made to pay immediately.
So all of that was just to say that you support loser pays in lawsuits? I agree. I'd go you one better. Anyone filing a stupid ass lawsuit over spilling coffee in their own lap or some such shit should not only pay for the other sides lawyers, but stripped naked and publically whipped.

Judges can and often do order the loser to pay the winner's court costs, especially in cases where one party was very clearly right from the beginning and the issue never should have gone to trial. Since not all cases are stupid or frivolous, I would rather keep the current setup where a judge has discretion to decide if court costs should be awarded or not.

Judges can and often do order the loser to pay the winner's court costs, especially in cases where one party was very clearly right from the beginning and the issue never should have gone to trial. Since not all cases are stupid or frivolous, I would rather keep the current setup where a judge has discretion to decide if court costs should be awarded or not.

If the process is fair, then why shouldn't the loser pay in everycase?

It all depends on how much money there is involved. A low paid waitress that sues her boss for discrimination and looses the case cannot afford to pay all of the fees involved so that is why lawyers work on CONTINGENCY fees.

Last edited:
Back