Are muslims fighting Islamic terrorism?

Vienna

Registered Senior Member
The Western world is fighting Islamic terrorism.

Are muslims fighting Islamic terrorism? if so, how are they doing it?

Anyone know???

Vienna, I've talked about that with PM before, Muslims must take an active role in dwarthing islamic terrorism in order to regain the trust of non-muslims. I dont see it happening. What I see is the majority of muslims tacitly observing the more radical among them. In my opinion without the support of the vast muslim population the islamic terrorist wouldnt exist.

It's like geurrilla warfare, the geurrilla can not exist without a large base of supporters. Now that I think about it terrorism is refined geurrilla warfare that would make an interesting topic.

Greco said:
Vienna, I've talked about that with PM before, Muslims must take an active role in dwarthing islamic terrorism in order to regain the trust of non-muslims. I dont see it happening. What I see is the majority of muslims tacitly observing the more radical among them. In my opinion without the support of the vast muslim population the islamic terrorist wouldnt exist.

It's like geurrilla warfare, the geurrilla can not exist without a large base of supporters. Now that I think about it terrorism is refined geurrilla warfare that would make an interesting topic.

It would make a very interesting topic indeed.

My own opinion of Islam and muslims would change if I knew they are fighting Islamic terrorism, until then I must presume they are in favour of it.

I would like to hear from the muslims on these boards and their answers to this.

I know that many are against it, and I'll bet most Muslims, like everyone else, have a different opinion each time the wind blows and can't really be bothered making up their minds; the trouble is, its hard to establish yourself as pro-Islam, pro-Palestinian, yet anti-terror. Its like Basques may be pro-independence and against ETA, but as soon as they say so they find themselves on the Spanish government's side where they don't want to be. What annoys me is when loyalty takes precedence over morality.

Alaric said:
its hard to establish yourself as pro-Islam, pro-Palestinian, yet anti-terror. Its like Basques may be pro-independence and against ETA, but as soon as they say so they find themselves on the Spanish government's side where they don't want to be. What annoys me is when loyalty takes precedence over morality.
I agree Alaric,

What I would like to see in the UK is more assistance from the imams and mosques, not to preach in the same way as Abu Hamza. And to tell the authorities of any suspicious activities. That would show the world that they are being proactive against terrorism

Vienna said:
The Western world is fighting Islamic terrorism.
Only after it turned against them.

Are muslims fighting Islamic terrorism? if so, how are they doing it?
When it is made clear that islamic terrorism would harm muslims they (most of them) would gladly fight the islamic terrorism.

Anyone know???
Ask PM, why he is not getting enough support for his fanatical views from most of his fellow muslims here. ;)

everneo said:

When it is made clear that islamic terrorism would harm muslims they (most of them) would gladly fight the islamic terrorism.
Islamic terrorism is killing muslims too, but I believe muslims see this as some sort of religious sacrifice, it's evil.

Islamic terrorism also creates an universal negative attitude towards Islam, this alone is harmful for muslims. Why can't they see this??

Ask PM, why he is not getting enough support for his fanatical views from most of his fellow muslims here. ;)

They are probably too embarrased to be associated with him.

Back