Are Green eyes a mutation ?

IndianCurry2010

Registered Senior Member
Since all our ancestors had brown eyes. I am wondering how green eyes came about ? Were they a freak accident of evolution that somehow managed to survive into successive generations ?

A freak accident of nature would be wiped out wouldnt it ?

Not if it turned out that the accident became a total success. Sounds like the plot line to 70% of all hollywood films out there.

But if it weren't true, it wouldn't be a cliche.

I have green eyes personally. Actually green eyes are one of the rarest eye colors there is which begs the question of where they came from. We associate blue with nordic and cold climates, and brown with warmer climate areas. But I don't know where green came about.

Wow you read my mind I was thinking the same. Where did green eyes originate from is now on my mind ???. What is the origin of the green eyes ?

Consider yourself lucky !! you have green eyes that are rare :)

My woman is as much in love with my eyes as she is for me- she often compliments me on my eyes.

I think there is a genetic advantage of the sexual nature to green eyes.

My woman is as much in love with my eyes as she is for me- she often compliments me on my eyes.

I think there is a genetic advantage of the sexual nature to green eyes.

Just like different hair colors.

Green eyes a mutation, not at all but this surely is...

cyclops12.jpg

I suspect that image is fake. In my prior scientific incarnation I was a developmental biologist. It is very rare, if not non-existent, to have perfect cyclopia without a range of accompanying craniofacial and brain abnormalities.

Back