Are all men created equal?

Joeman

Eviiiiiiiil Clown
Registered Senior Member
I am wonder if bible says all men are created equal at all?

Obviously not all men are created equal. Some are more intelligent and some are better looking and some are taller.

Does God favors some of his creations more than others? Some lives better lifes than others because they have better attributes.

I believe Paul says is something like "within Christ all men and women are equal." True, some fullfill different parts of Christ but all are equal.

If you mean by physical appearance, or mental faculty, obviously not and the Bible does not address that issue.

Here's an excerpt from the Bible where the people choose a leader according to their standards:

----
23 They ran and brought him out, and as he stood among the people he was a head taller than any of the others. 24 Samuel said to all the people, "Do you see the man the LORD has chosen? There is no one like him among all the people."
Then the people shouted, "Long live the king!"
----

Here's an excerpt from later on in the same book where God chooses the king according to His standards:

----
6 When they arrived, Samuel saw Eliab and thought, "Surely the LORD's anointed stands here before the LORD ."
7 But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."
----

Well I guess back then the Napoleonic complex wouldn't have fared too well.. ;)

Back