Apparently, We Are All Gods

TruthSeeker

Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey
Valued Senior Member
I stumbled upon a passage where Jesus says we are all "gods" and that one also had a reference to a Psalm, so here it goes...

"Psalm 82
A psalm of Asaph.
1 God presides in the great assembly;
he gives judgment among the "gods":

2 "How long will you [a] defend the unjust
and show partiality to the wicked?
Selah

3 Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless;
maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed.

4 Rescue the weak and needy;
deliver them from the hand of the wicked.

5 "They know nothing, they understand nothing.
They walk about in darkness;
all the foundations of the earth are shaken.

6 "I said, 'You are "gods";
you are all sons of the Most High.'
"

And here's the passage where Jesus say we are all gods:

"John 10
33"We are not stoning you for any of these," replied the Jews, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God."

34Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are gods'[e]? 35If he called them 'gods,' to whom the word of God came—and the Scripture cannot be broken— 36what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'? 37Do not believe me unless I do what my Father does. 38 But if I do it, even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father." "

Which goes well with:

"Matthew 5
9Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called sons of God."

So just like the psalm says, peacemakers, who defend the cause of the weak, maintain the rights of the poor and oppresed, rescue the weak and neeedy... those are the peacemakers, the ones who are sons of God, and Jesus is one son of God, one "peacemaker".

Let the wild discussion begin! :D

I stumbled upon a passage where Jesus says we are all "gods" and that one also had a reference to a Psalm, so here it goes...

"Psalm 82
A psalm of Asaph.

Selah

"

"John 10
33"We are not stoning you for any of these," replied the Jews, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God."

34Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are gods'[e]? 35If he called them 'gods,' to whom the word of God came—and the Scripture cannot be broken— 36what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'? 37Do not believe me unless I do what my Father does. 38 But if I do it, even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father." "

Which goes well with:

"Matthew 5

So just like the psalm says, peacemakers, who defend the cause of the weak, maintain the rights of the poor and oppresed, rescue the weak and neeedy... those are the peacemakers, the ones who are sons of God, and Jesus is one son of God, one "peacemaker".

Let the wild discussion begin! :D

I figure, whether you read it accurately or not, I still applaud you for reading it, rather than copying and pasting something from an atheist website or something.

Just as with Buddhism and Hinduism, the gods aren't really anything special and humans can become higher than gods (devas)....

I figure, whether you read it accurately or not, I still applaud you for reading it, rather than copying and pasting something from an atheist website or something.
What is innacurate about it?

I'm a christian. As I said, I'm a peacemaker. Why in the world would I quote an atheist website?

And I've read the NT several times over. I never got that far in the OT, though... (so many Psalms! :D )

Just as with Buddhism and Hinduism, the gods aren't really anything special and humans can become higher than gods (devas)....
Where in my post did it say we can become higher then gods?

(Notice how I'm not disputing what you say about Buddhism or Hinduism.)

I googled John 10:34 and the results are pretty funny. Alot of the first links are Christians trying to explain away this comment or arguing with other Christians.

Ok. So why is this thread going down and down in the forums?

I assume that everyone agrees with what I said. Right?

Yes yes. Though I don't believe in god I do think there's so much in those religious junk text that points to us as gods ourselves. We're made to be like god so what's to say we're not god. I'm getting headache from taling religion. Outta here. :D

"Psalm 82
A psalm of Asaph.

Selah

"

then an obvious issue that crops up would be why would one god have to rescue another god if they are both god .... I would have thought that the last passage about being "sons of the most high" would clear that up (namely that there is a distinction between being the "son of the most high" and "the most high")

"John 10

seems that jesus is trying to explain how god's pure representative is non-different from god in terms of quality but not quantity
Which goes well with:

"Matthew 5

compassion is a symptom of godliness but it is not a symptom of being the cause of all causes etc

in the vedas there are two terms on this subject

asraya bhagavan (the representative of god who is pure by dint of their taking shelter of god)

visaya bhagavan (god who exists uniquely as supremely powerful and independent of all things)

I googled John 10:34 and the results are pretty funny. Alot of the first links are Christians trying to explain away this comment or arguing with other Christians.

You mean Gods trying to explain away this comment or arguing with other Gods.

The inner essence of each one of us is the same and one with God. Each of the atoms in our body is a universe by itself, and the use we do to our energy will impact beings out of our understanding. Yes, in this context, we are all Son of the Most High; advanced transformers of energy, we transform divine energy to human energy.
And thoughts are a manifestation of energy as well, so our thoughts will impact others and who know what else?
Our emotions are manifestation of energy, so the emotions we experience will have an impact on ourselves as much as the world, because the energy will be out there, not destructed, just transformed. So we can transform divine energy (oxygen) into hate, or love... And the hate or love will never go away, because once we manifest it, it already happened, it cannot be destroyed, and it is out there...
Our body chakras can be called "Suns", because they irradiate and transform energy similar to that function of the Sun. In a subatomic level, this energy would be similar to that of the Sun to us.

Just to ad some fun to the conversation here...

Back