Anyone here use R?

GeoffP

Caput gerat lupinum
Valued Senior Member
Astoundingly, I have an actual practical question for the SciForums community.

...now that you've picked yourselves up off the floor, does anyone here use R on a dual core processor? I'm trying to get it running with the same internal package.

Best,

Geoff

Astoundingly, I have an actual practical question for the SciForums community.

...now that you've picked yourselves up off the floor, does anyone here use R on a dual core processor? I'm trying to get it running with the same internal package.

What for? My duel processor works automatically so that wnenever the other part of the processor is needed it comes on instantly to help the first one.

I find computer programmers and statisticians pretty useless for my analysis. Other biologists can usually figure it out better. :D

The advantages are just in a couple of the packages and the sweet, sweet output to be harvested therein.

I think I found a couple items - Python for NWS and RMPI. Specifically for R.

I find computer programmers and statisticians pretty useless for my analysis. Other biologists can usually figure it out better.

That's a notion that I'd love to agree with, though I cannot. I mean, explorative statistical analyses or more simple modelling- no problem. But moving in the field of more complex modelling... or worse, developing new or modifying existing models- I do not see that many full-blood biologists being good at it (unless they specialize in that, of course). Interestingly also many physicists (those with a more theoretical training, that is) are quite good in that regard (though they sometimes suck at basic statistics or, say making buffers ;p ).

That being said, there are a lot of nice modules out there for R for doing non-standard stuff, or for integrating different kind of things that many complete packages simply cannot do.

Back